Do you want to join a friendly professional team, working with great clients and using the latest technology? If your answer is YES then we may have the role for you.
As a bookkeeper you’ll be a crucial part of the team, helping our clients with their administration and supporting your colleagues with high quality bookkeeping to ensure they can produce the best information for our clients. When we do bookkeeping we do extra things for our clients, for example, like telling them what suppliers to pay, providing management information and some pre accounts preparation work such as calculating prepayments and accruals and wages journals. All work is scheduled and timings are agreed with clients in advance. The majority of the book-keeping work we do is for businesses with turnovers in excess of £250,000.
Our client uses Xero and if you haven’t used it before don’t worry, they will train you and you’ll become a Xero Certified Adviser like all our other accountants in the team; this is ongoing as our client makes the best use of the software they use. Our Client will keep you up to date on all matters to do with your work so that you can feel confident in what you are doing.
• A confident communicator – You’ll be working with clients to produce their accounts, VAT returns and tax returns. This means you’ll be meeting clients, talking to them over the phone and writing to them.
• Conscientious – Clients trust us to get the figures right and ready on time, so accuracy and being organised in your work is crucial.
• Open to learning – We’re always looking for better ways to help our clients and improve the way we do things, which means how you did something last year may not be the same as you’ll do it this year.
• A team player – We truly are a team, as the work you do will be used by someone else in the team and we all depend on each other to get it right.
• Friendly – We are a small company, we have a great atmosphere in the office and we get on with each other.
• AAT qualifications or close to achieving or relevant experience.
• Experienced in the following areas – as this role includes:
• Accounts preparation – The ability to produce accounts and prepare tax returns for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
• VAT returns – To prepare ready for submission
• Book-keeping – All of the book-keeping we do is online book-keeping
• Personal tax returns – Prepare an individual’s tax return
• Helping clients – Answering client questions about their book-keeping and accounting systems
What we offer you
Great clients to work with –Which means more interesting and varied work for you, with job satisfaction. Our Client work with business owners who want to grow and develop their businesses, they are motivated and great people to work with. We help clients get the businesses they need to have the life they want, which means that we do more than ‘traditional’ accountants, but to help us provide the extra services we have to do the ‘normal’ to a high standard.
Up to date systems – This means that you are working with the best systems available which makes the work easier. 91% of our business client’s use cloud accounting software and all accountants are Xero certified Accountants. The office systems are cloud based and we use industry leading software to operate the practice.
Support and training to keep you up to date – Which means that you have the confidence to do a great job. Everyone has a technical development programme that is supported by webinar based learning (everyone gets a subscription to all SWAT webinars) and live courses where applicable. Our Client is keen on developing personal skills to help you make what you do more enjoyable. All accountants are Xero Certified which means that you get trained on industry leading online accounting software and we keep you up to date.
A company with an eye on the future – So that you can be confident of a great career. The world is changing and this affects the accountancy profession. Our client keeps an eye on the future and are a step ahead of the industry to ensure that they offer services that business owners want and that remain relevant to the needs of business owners in a way that uses the latest technology.
Salary & Benefits· The salary is competitive and based upon qualifications and experience.· Starting holiday is 22 days with up to 27 days holiday after a qualifying period· Generous pension scheme
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81441248