Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner
London - Canary Wharf
12 Month Fixed Term Contract - Up to £70,000
We are looking to recruit a Finance Business Partner to work on a 12-month contract for a prestigious mass media and information business based in Canary Wharf, London.
The organisation are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing their customers with competitive advantage. They deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets.
The role is working as part of the organisation's Legal services business unit, which provides Legal information (print and online) and software solutions to the UK, Ireland and International markets.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, Decision Support, the Finance Business Partner acts as a key business partner for the VPs of Editorial, Market Development & Strategy, Business Operations and Customer Support & Marketing. This partnership role works to help in strategic management of the cost base and supporting business objectives through capital investment planning.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Responsible for managing decision support and commercial finance activities and relationships; including monthly OPEX, CAPEX and Headcount reporting, regular budgeting and forecasting activity
- Key contributor to the annual budgeting process, working closely with the F,P&A and wider Decision Support team to ensure effective resource planning involved in ad-hoc work to support strategy implementation, which may include; acquisitions & disposals; major deal/bid commercials; new proposition development; production of business cases; efficiency, effectiveness & productivity analysis; long term planning; programme support and other projects as required.
- Review and support ad-hoc analysis of risks and opportunities within the Decision Support functions, identifying growth opportunities and suggesting appropriate in-year and cross year interventions.
- Working across the organization in order to fulfil management reporting activities, working closely with Accounting Operations, Finance Operations, Commercial Policy, Sales, Tax, EBO, and Legal as required
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
- Recognized accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or foreign equivalent
- Strong business partnering experience, with a proven ability to interact with senior management and influence outcomes
- Clear and effective communication & interpersonal skills
- Excellent financial modeler, with strong analytical and communication skills
- Efficient work ethics with proven ability to meet deadlines and prioritization skills
- Tenacious and driven by delivering results
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81439388