Site Engineering Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading industrial manufacturer at one of their global flagship sites. Operating in a high hazard environment on heavy, expensive and complex engineering equipment you will head up a team of highly specialised maintenance engineers and contractors.
Michael Page is working with a world leading industrial business who provide a critical product to a number of core businesses to the UK economy. With a truly global footprint, this company has the buying power and resource capability to keep themselves at the cutting edge of technology.
Operating out of one of the businesses flagship operational sites the Site Engineering Managers form a key part of the management structure.
This is a key position holding significant responsibility. Reporting into the Engineering Director the Site Engineering Manager will be accountable for:
- Overall line management of a team of 15 personnel plus contracted labour
- Ensure that all work is carried out consistently with regards to safety, budget, environment, reliability and operability and in line with relevant legislation and standards.
- Take control of the annual budget preparation and cost reporting through SAP, this is currently circa £10 million.
- Review and implement preventative maintenance plans
- Ensure maintenance contracts are complied with in terms of cost, productivity, efficiency and quality and where necessary implement corrective measures and improvement strategies.
As a key part of the management team you will be confident in your communication of technical and strategic issues to all levels of business. You will be a long term thinker and motivated by making incremental improvements in the performance and development of your team.
The ideal Site Engineering Manager will:
- Hold a degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, ideally you will be Chartered, if not you will have the appropriate experience to be granted Chartered status
- Have a broad and proven track record in an engineering leadership role within a large, heavy and Hazardous environment
- Be able to demonstrate strong leadership and management skills
- Be confident in the development of current legislation, quality systems, environmental policies and procedures
- Have a previous experience of both personnel and budgetary control
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81440544