NPI Manufacturing Engineer
My client - a global leader of a consumer lifestyle products from the Production and Manufacturing sector are looking for a NPI Manufacturing Engineer to join their production engineering team in delivering new projects alongside continuous improvement of all of the manufacturing processes.
My client is a global leader of a consumer lifestyle products that has transformed society's methods and flexibility of transport. With a presence in over 45 countries their products consistently drive innovation and change directly to the consumer, all originating from the Manufacturing and Production Sector.
The business have an ambitious target for growth over the next 5 years which includes the release of various new models of their existing product. Due to this the business are looking for the successful applicant for their NPI Manufacturing Engineer role at their site in Middlesex to fulfil the following responsibilities -
- Work together with design and supply chain departments to introduce new products.
- Carry out production impact assessments to highlight areas of risk for new products, feeding back the results to relevant departments ensuring successful introduction.
- Liaise with tooling department for any new tooling requirements or modifications.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning work flow, line balancing, space requirements and equipment layout.
- Manage projects ensuring deadlines are met and spending is within budget.
- Provide turnkey solutions to production problems.
- Control production trials and pre-production sprint runs. Carry out post-trial review and implement required changes.
- Lead the training of staff in new processes/procedures.
- Ensure all process changes are documented and cost analysis completed through liaison with the business process team.
- Make use of problem solving techniques to establish root cause of production problems.
- Offer technical support to the Manufacturing Managers and the shop floor teams.
- Collaborate in the implementation of procedures and changes in the shop floor (issue changes, prepare parts, create documents, etc.)
- Purchase required production equipment.
- Ensure all new products and processes are documented in Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P's)
- Provide manufacturing decision making information by calculating production, labour and material costs; reviewing production schedules and estimating future requirements.
To be considered for the NPI Manufacturing Engineer role at my client's site in Middlesex the successful applicant must present evidence of the following -
- A forward thinking approach; we believe in having one about everything we do because it inspires others to have the same.
- Continuous improvement oriented.
- A proven track record in NPI Manufacturing Engineering with mechanical products will be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to produce technical drawings and clear, precise work instructions.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Good personal skills to enable efficient liaising between departments.
- Ability to work alone and unsupervised.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- An understanding of mechanical and engineering principals.
- An awareness of Health and Safety law and best practice.
Ideally the individual will have the following educational and professional qualifications or relevant knowledge.
- A degree in a related field would be desirable; however, the ability to demonstrate a solid engineering background in a relevant environment is essential.
The basic salary for this role is between £35,000 and £40,000 + benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81440695