Business & Project Accountant
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for a charity that has seen rapid growth and development over the last couple of years and has ambitious plans for the future. The Finance and Corporate Services directorate is at the heart of the organisation and they are seeking a new senior member in the team to help provide engaging business partnering which will drive change in strategy, systems and structures.
- Work effectively with and contribute to the Finance team and the wider Finance and Corporate Services Directorate, in order to implement necessary changes to ensure that the organisations goals are achieved in the most efficient and effective manner possible
- Use a business partnering approach, ensure that the operational context and needs are fully understood and supported by proactively providing relevant, consistent, high quality financial challenge, advice and support.
- Work with the Head of Finance & Procurement and Business Accountant to contribute to the provision of strategic financial advice and support, review and develop procedures and tools in order to support robust financial management across the organisation and assist in ensuring all relevant legal, regulatory and compliance matters are properly addressed.
- To contribute to the development of a culture of challenge and learning amongst colleagues and customers to continually strengthen professionalism and commercial awareness
- To analyse Departmental and Directorate Performance at a unit level and, in partnership with the operation, develop relevant KPI’s utilising bench-marking against peer organisations where appropriate
- To contribute with the preparation of the annual statutory accounts and monthly management accounts.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with demonstrable experience in both operating successfully in a finance business partner role and have also provided financial support to strategically important projects within a complex organisation.