Tax and Treasury Accountant
The purpose of the role is to ensure we are compliant over all taxes (Corporation, VAT, PAYE & CIS) , all filings done on time and any applicable tax reliefs are maximised and to support the Head of Treasury in ensuring that NGN has ongoing access to enduring, cost-effective debt finance to meet its obligations and to manage financial risk.
Role Outcomes (your contribution):
Preparation of focused, accurate and timely returns & calculations (VAT, Corp Tax & PSA) in accordance with company and legislative requirements.
Minimise exposure to penalties and mitigation of tax by having efficient and well controlled financial processes embedded within the function (including SAP).
Keep abreast of any updates & developments within the areas of VAT, PAYE, CIS & Corporation TAX.
Working Capital Management : Support decision making process by recommending timing and value of syndicated facility to fund operations and network investment and pay tax, interest and shareholder returns, whilst minimising interest costs.
Risk positions and treasury-related financial performance are reported to the owners accurately and on a timely basis.
Accurate records of financial instruments are kept using appropriate systems to support accounting and reporting obligations and the timely payment of interest and other financing costs.
Continuously strive for improvements of processes across both disciplines and provide training and support to the wider business
Support a strong team culture with motivated, committed colleagues that are developed to their full potential. (Focused development of Tax assistant)
Provide support as required to other adhoc projects within the business.
A good working relationships with key financial stakeholders
Expertise, knowledge and experience
- Accounting qualification with Tax experience
- Preparation of corporation tax and VAT returns
- Strong Excel skills and a high level of numeracy
- Corporation Tax, VAT, PAYE, PSA, & CIS - working knowledge of compliance and law
- Post qualification experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with external stakeholders and senior management and at board level.
- Accounting for financial instruments The use of debt facilities and deposits to manage working capital requirements on a cost-effective basis whilst avoiding cash shortages.
- Mentoring and coaching experience
- Payment systems and transactional banking.
- The importance of cash and the relationship between cash and accounting data.
- IAS 39 & IFRS9
- SAP User
- Permanent Personal Contract
- 40 hours per week
- Up to 10% bonus dependent upon performance objectives
- 25 days holiday per year, plus 8 days bank holiday, plus 2 half days (Christmas Eve and New Years Eve)
- Stakeholder 5/10 pension scheme
- Flexible benefits including salary sacrifice options such as cycle to work, childcare vouchers, gym membership and many more
- Plus other family friendly policies, maternity/paternity pay, volunteering etc.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81439252