Purchase Ledger Clerk
A leading business based just a short walk from the Leeds train station are currently looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their team.
This is a stand-alone role and it is vital that the successful individual has experience of end-to-end Purchase Ledger duties.
This is a forward thinking business that have an established position within the market and continue to improve with year-on-year increased turnover.
* Log all invoices and receive authorisation from appropriate management personnel.
* Prepare weekly BACS and cheque runs to pay suppliers and ad-hoc foreign payments
* Respond to any supplier queries promptly and professionally.
* Ensure that the purchase ledger is as up to date as possible at the month end.
* Enter and pay cash expenses and petty cash claims.
* Accurate posting of monthly company credit card statements to nominal postings by end of each month.
* Archiving of paper documentation
* Ensure transactions occurring in foreign currencies are regularly matched to ensure that any foreign exchange gains or losses are booked correctly.
* Process any ad-hoc payments which occur outside of the purchase ledger runs
* Support Sales Ledger in the processing of cheques received
* Other ad-hoc assignments as and when required by senior finance staff
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.