Purchase Ledger - Finance Admin
- Full Time
Purchase Ledger - Swadlincote - Great company - growth - stability & benefits!
The Group is a market leader in the building materials and products markets in the UK, Ireland and Continental Europe providing materials to leading blue chip companies. The Group consists of several growing companies, one of which needs a new Purchase Ledger - Competitive Salary - Good benefits - strong company and environment and also great people! Apply today - Start May 2018!
We are currently recruiting for a Purchase Ledger to join our clients fast paced team based in Swadlincote.
- Review Purchase Ledger controls and systems on an on-going basis
- Maintain a Purchase Ordering (PO) system for all goods / services ordered
- Put in place a Purchase Ordering sign off matrix
- Assume responsibility for receipt of all supplier invoices
- Enter supplier invoices and credits promptly onto IT system
- Ensure familiarity with Nominal Ledger coding and ensure that all Invoices are correctly recorded and coded for Management Accounting purposes
- Query any disputed Purchase Invoices with person responsible for ordering
- Distribute invoices to internal departments to be signed off and passed for payment
- Prepare invoices for payment and ensure signed off
- Identify invoices that need paid promptly and within credit terms
- On a monthly basis complete supplier reconciliation to ensure creditors listing is accurate
- Ensure month end close off is completed by the 10th of month following month end
- Send a summary of all invoices to Group HQ in Northern Ireland for payment by the 15th of month following month end
- Assist with completion of month end duties as required
- Maintain accurate controls and verification procedures for Supply Ordering Process encompassing the following:
- - Match Purchase Ledger invoices to Proof Of Deliveries (PODs)
- - Check unit prices to Purchase Order and Invoice
- - Check unit quantities to Purchase Order, POD and Purchase Invoice
Job Skills and Qualifications
Experience within a Purchase Ledger
- Target driven & ambitious, with excellent time management
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages
This demanding and challenging position offers an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join a progressive local company and to gain valuable experience in a commercial environment.
Apply today - interviews early May 2018! START ASAP
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81439023