Finance Business Partner
The role is extremely commercially focused, supporting Regional Account Managers, Operations, Projects and Business Support teams. The key to being successful in this role is adding value to all stakeholders
My client are a major outsourced services provider in Bristol.
The FBP is pivotal in supporting this element of the business. In working closely with the operational and business development teams and being a part of the day to day running of the business. The FBP will play a key role in ensuring accurate reporting of the monthly results, ensuring they reflect the current performance of the business and driving initiatives as required. The FBP will also be instrumental in compiling the annual operating plan, the quarterly forecasts, as well as ad hoc financial analysis to support business decisions, business cases and bid development - ensuring we understand how internal and external influences will impact the business and making the best decisions for the Mitie group as a whole.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of monthly management accounts ensuring integrity, accuracy, consistency and providing clear visibility of the financial health of the contract.
- Drive accurate accounting on accrued and deferred income on a monthly basis, with clear visibility and communication to the business on debt position and associated reduction plan.
- Understanding and challenging current business practice, identifying and implementing initiatives to improve process and deliver added value.
- Management of WIP process across various stakeholders and driving the necessary action plan asscoaited with reducing the contracts working capital position.
- Being the primary interface with the client senior stakeholders for all financial and commercial issues.
- Ensure accurate and timely billing, efficient reporting and driving improvements in working capital.
- Ad hoc analysis and presentation of complex financial information in response to management requests.
- Work closely with the Divisional senior management to help drive business performance and provide high quality financial information.
- Detailed financial analysis and presentation of financial information to support decision making.
- Being pro-active in identifying and implementing added value opportunities.
- Management of the contractual Service Price List to ensure accuracy and timely submission to the client on a monthly basis. This is the shared document held between Mitie and the client and is key to service delivery and billing of the contract.
- Management of the variable billing applications and approved client returns across all Service Lines to ensure accuracy, client friendly and maximises the recoverability against the contract. Additional analysis and insight is required to ensure the Service Lines are charging for all chargable variable works in accordance with contractual processes.
- Work closely with the Service Lines and contract senior management team to deliver profitability and reduction in unbilled debt.
- Strong commercial focus and quick to understand the key mechanisms in the contract essential.
- Monthly preparation of key financial data for inclusion on the monthly client Board Pack.
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required.
- Changes to processes to enhance and improve administration of the contract.
Self-motivated Individual having worked within a Financial or management accounting role utilising experience in the following:
- ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CIPFA qualified, ideally with 3+ years commercial experience.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Have strong communication skills to communicate at all levels with the ability to present complex financial information.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment and ability to prioritise a changing workload and use initiative and produce concise and informative reporting under tight deadlines.
- A hardworking individual with lots of energy, who can deliver high quality work to tight reporting deadlines and demonstrate desire to progress within the company.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong working relationships
- Good organisational skills, balancing demands and working to tight deadlines, therefore having the ability to manage time
- Working on own initiative
- Experience in SAP and Oracle is an advantage.
- Previous business partnering experience
- Flexible approach to daily tasks and 'ad-hoc' duties.
- Ability to work alone as well as with various teams
This role will pay a competitive salary plus a good package.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81438878