B1 Licenced Aircraft Engineer
B1 Licenced Aircraft Engineer
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 DOE
My Bedfordshire-based aerospace client requires a B1 Licenced Aircraft Engineer to join on a permanent basis to work on current and upcoming projects. Applicants must be a licenced B1 Engineer with BAE 146/Avro RJ series aircraft type rated.
To carry out all airframe/engine/systems maintenance requirements to meet technical specification, internal quality requirements and the requirements of the regulatory bodies approvals held by my client, including ISO9001, EASA PART 145 and BCAR A8-23
- Responsible for all aspects of airframe / engines and mechanical systems engineering, under the supervision and control of the Chief Aircraft Engineer
- Supervision of assigned manpower on licenced aircraft as required, and in support of the work plan agreed with the Chief Aircraft Engineer
- Working closely with the Chief Aircraft Engineer regarding communication of ongoing tasks, highlighting any areas of concern, risk, etc.
- Implementation of all mechanical engineering activities on aircraft, including servicing, modification and fault rectification, as assigned by the Chief Aircraft Engineer
- Responsible for inspection duties associated with CAeS approvals (Part 145)
- Control of work packs issued and ensure compliance to technical documents, records and electronic data
- Control of all aircraft and equipment movements within the Hangar and apron areas, as assigned by the Chief Aircraft Engineer
- Responsible for delivering the required technical solution to meet schedule and man-hour budgets agreed in the statement of work
- Responsible for assigned mechanical parts manufacture under the company's Part 145 and 21G approvals
- Issuing EASA Form 1's and CRS's (Part 145)
- Completing critical and vital point inspections
- Support to the Head of AMG in seeking new business opportunities to sustain and grow the hangar business
- Mentor and train new staff and trainee engineers on maintenance techniques and principles within your regulatory permissions
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as may be required by the Line Manager
- Aviation engineering background with basic Aircraft engineering training or apprenticeship
- Aeronautical engineering certificate or equivalent
- Hold EASA PART 66 AMEL with type ratings applicable to company PART 145 approvals
Knowledge and Experience:
- In depth Knowledge of British and European Airworthiness Requirements (CAA/EASA including part 145 maintenance Organisations, AS/EN 9100 and BCAR A8-23).
- Knowledge of aircraft maintenance procedures and awareness of human factors in relation to aircraft maintenance
- Fundamental knowledge and practical experience of technical libraries and data control
More information is available upon application.
When applying for this role, please indicate your current salary (plus benefits package), minimum salary required, notice period and your reasons for wishing to move from your current company. Alliance Consulting is acting as an employment agency in this respect. Alliance Consulting specialise in the placement of engineers throughout the UK. By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database and/or in manual files for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us submitting your CV to our client. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us. Equally, if there are any companies that you do not wish your CV to be sent to (for whatever reason), then please let us know of this when you apply.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81437784