Credit Controller - Temporary
Credit Controller for an IMMEDIATE START in Warwick
I am working on behalf of a company based in Warwick are looking for a Credit Controller for an immediate start on a temporary basis to join there small team.
Salary: 24,000 - 26,000
Summary of Responsibilities:
To provide a professional and timely accounting service in respect of credit control and account receivable ledger. To provide any other support to the Finance team, as required.
Reporting to: Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsibility of credit control function for all customer accounts (150-200 accounts) and collection of all pro-forma orders.
- Process all sales update for all customer invoices and credit notes.
- Set up New Accounts on the Purchase Ledger in line with Company policy
- Prepare and process the Cash Receipts Books - matching cash receipts to invoices paid.
- Reconcile Customer accounts in conjunction with Credit Control.
- Reconcile Sales Ledger Control Accounts on a monthly basis.
- Maintaining the AR order hold process, compliance hold process and commission process.
- Prepare the OEM Discount, Commission, Credit Note spreadsheets for use during the month end close.
- Liaising with Auditors, Customer service and the business.
- Other tasks will include month end close journals, fixed assets, balance sheet reconciliations, EC Sales and Intrastat and ad-hoc analytical analysis. Maintaining and implementing internal controls to a high standard. Cover for Purchase Ledger in times of Absence
- Adhoc tasks to assist the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Skills, experience and personal attributes:
- 2 years accounting experience in sales ledger or similar financial role
- Strong PC skills: Excel, Outlook and Word
- Strong knowledge and ability to implement and maintain internal controls to a high standard
- Experience with finance software packages
- Working knowledge of Finance and accounting
- Experience of month end within strict timeframes
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal relationship building and team player
- Effective time management skills
- Analytical and thorough approach to work
- Ability to produce work instructions and process notes.
- Detail and Process oriented
- Strong sense of urgency and follow up skills
- Problem solving Organisation skills
- Operates to the highest level of integrity and is never willing to compromise with regards to ethical standards.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81438024