A super chance to join this fantastic business in the charity sector.
My client is a lovely business to work for seeking an income officer to work in their finance team.
The core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that all invoices are raised on a timely basis, accurately, and within the agreed terms.
- Maintain a record of all contracts/documentation relating to invoices raised electronically.
- Pursue outstanding balances on the sales ledger, and actively participate in meetings to review outstanding balances to ensure the timely settlement of monies owed to mcch.
- Provide regular reports as requested by the business to inform the business of current arrears position and actions taken.
- To deal with queries from all customers - internal and external - in a prompt and polite manner.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of all services user bank accounts and provide regular reports to Team Leaders and SOMs as required
- Allocate receipts to the appropriate ledger account and specific invoice. This includes the splitting of receipts across the various income elements.
- Receive payment over the phone, receive and record cash and cheques and pay these into the bank on a daily basis.
- Pursue and report on unrepresented items in a timely manner.
- Ensure the correct coding of all income related transactions and treasury transactions.
- Work with the Accountants to reconcile Client invoices to budgets and provide reason for variances.
- Actively participate in the month end closedown and processes.
- To ensure effective organisational and filing systems exist and are maintained.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties of an accounting or administrative nature as required; including having a working knowledge of tasks carried out by other finance staff so as to provide cover as necessary within the section.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a practical working knowledge of sales ledger
- Ideally have a practical working knowledge of Open Accounts
- Be immediately available
- Be proficient in the use of Excel to an intermediate level
- Have excellent organisational skills
A competitive salary package
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81437859