Software Developer /IT Developer /Software Development Engineer
Job Title: Developer
Location: Southend on Sea, Essex
Salary: Up to £32,000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
The Company is a privately owned business providing insurance solutions for over 30 years to some of the most well respected brands, insurance partners and financial intermediaries. Established in 1983, they came from modest beginnings in the City of London with a small team of passionate people who wanted to help change insurance for the better. They offer their partners an end-to-end service; from product and quote platform design through to sales and retentions. The Company is now one of the largest employers in South East Essex with around 180 staff, award winning services and cutting edge technology.
They invest in the careers of all their staff, through training, qualifications and by providing a pro-active learning environment. They understand the importance of staff well-being and maintaining a good work/life balance and also provide opportunities such as flexible working and career breaks. There is a Group funded Sports and Social committee, seated acupressure massages, and fitness classes in their onsite Wellbeing studio. On completion of probation they also provide an excellent benefits package that includes life assurance, pension scheme, medical cover, permanent health insurance and much more.
The Role Overview:
To join a fast-paced agile C# development team working in scrum model delivering flexible, robust and innovative solutions that meet specific Business requirements. Working across the full development stack, from data access tier through to presentation in web and WPF.
Technical Leadership -
- In partnership with the development manager, Infrastructure and data team sets direction for all aspects of their development technology practice.
- To contribute to project teams of designers and developers in order to deliver project solutions on time and to expectations. You'll be involved throughout all stages of the software development lifecycle: analysis, implementation, testing, debugging, release and handover.
Software Development -
- The Developer will document and adhere to standards and methodologies in order to drive consistency throughout the team. You'll ensure we build future-proof reusable core code components to help drive down development timescales and complexities. You'll ensure all software development complies with the overall I.T. design and architecture strategy.
- Any other adhoc duties as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to understand the importance of confidentiality in handling customer personal data
- Extensive experience as a professional in a software development position.
- C#, .NET, MVC, HTML, CSS, WPF, EF, UNITY
- Ability to evaluate and recommend improvements for software effectiveness.
- Highly numerate and literate, with the ability to produce top quality written specifications and documentation.
- Working to strict quality standards.
- Proactive and highly organised with strong time management and planning skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff across the Business, IT and Development teams.
- Used to reviewing business requirements (functional/non-functional) and technical specifications.
- Web: MVC, Razor, ASP.NET, MVP, AngularJS, Knockout, Bootstrap
- Tools: Visual studio, Resharper, JIRA, NCrunch, NCover
- Data Frameworks: ADO.NET, Dapper, MSSQL/TSQL
- Http Services: WebAPI, WCF, Web Services, HttpHandlers
- Testing Frameworks: NUnit, XUnit, Moq, NSubstitute, SpecFlow, FluentAssertions
- Source Control: SVN, TFS, Git, Mercurial
- CI: (Cruise Control, TeamCity)
- IoC: Ninject, SimpleInjector, StructureMap
- Other: Umbraco, AppFabric, Azure (Service Bus/Blob Storage/Table Storage), MSMQ, EntLib, Workflow Foundation, XPath.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above or equivalent to include Mathematics and English
- People & Personal Development
- Team Work
- Customer Focus/ Results / Excellence
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and covering letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Software Engineer, Software Development Engineer, Software Developer, Developer, Programmer, Software Programming, Software Development, IT Developer, C Developer, Technical Developer, SQL Server, IT Software Engineer, Software Development Engineer, Electronics Hardware Engineer will also be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81433953