Senior Java Developer
Role: Senior Java Developer
Duration: 6 months
Start Date: ASAP
Rates: up to £600/day
My London based client is currently looking for an experienced Senor Java Developer to join them on an initial 6 month contract. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable, experienced and passionate about technology. You will enjoy pairing with other smart people and use Agile methodologies to ensure your projects and team succeed to add value as well as being a highly motivated individual who possesses excellent technical skills and can demonstrate a thorough appreciation of software engineering principles and best practices.
* Large scale, high volume and REST-compliant web services using Java in Cloud or container based environment
* Core Java and Java 8
* Deep understanding of TCP/IP
* Apache HTTP libraries
* Software engineering practices including: design patterns, unit testing, automated build and test systems (using Jenkins), TDD
* Agile development - Scrum and XP. Pair Programming is a must
* Troubleshooting and root cause analysis of production issues
* Unix and common shell commands/scripting
* Scripting languages such as Groovy
* Virtualization using Docker and Kubernetes
* Capturing JVM and application level metrics using Prometheus
* Concurrency, multi-threading and thread safety
* NoSQL databases
* Continuous Delivery
* Resource utilization and profiling applications for CPU and memory usage
If this role sounds of interest and you require further information then please respond with an up to date copy of your CV.
Hydrogen UK Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81437689