Compliance Support Officer
Compliance Support Officer
£25,000 - £30,000 p/a + amazing benefits (Grade E)
Manchester city centre
Here at Co-op Legal Services, our aim is to offer accessible legal advice and support without the jargon. Our customers rate us too, and we strive to consistently provide excellent customer service at a time when people are often at their most vulnerable. Right now we're looking to recruit a compliance support officer to join our Manchester team in a brand new role, supporting the delivery of our compliance framework. If you have the skills and organisation we're looking for, we can offer you the chance to develop your career with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
Joining our growing Manchester legal team, we'll look to you to support the delivery of the compliance framework, and make sure the business is protected against any regulatory or policy breaches. You'll be dealing with and investigating a range of compliance issues and queries; escalating more complex matters to the COLP, who you will report to. It's a big job, and no two days are ever the same. But if you have what it takes to manage multiple priorities and build solid and meaningful relationships with all kinds of people, you'll have a fantastic opportunity to progress and build your profile.
What you'll do:
- support the delivery of the compliance framework; review current policies and support the set up and implementation of new compliance policies
- build relationships and work closely with lots of teams across the business to support them with compliance issues
- manage annual SRA registrations and checks
- provide advice on the SRA Code of Conduct, anti-money laundering and data protection
- manage a range of incoming complaints and compliance queries from the business and clients
- deal with any compliance issues that come up against SRA regulations or policies, escalating where necessary
- manage various different projects and activities
To be successful as our compliance support officer, you'll have experience of working in a legal environment and exposure to compliance activity. You'll be used to or confident managing your own time, dealing with lots of different queries and activity at any one time. You'll also be keen to join an alternative business structure, different from any other legal practice environment.
We'd love to speak to you if:
- you can expertly manage conflicting priorities
- you're confident challenging and influencing people at all levels
- you have legal experience (a degree would be a bonus)
- you have what it takes to build and manage relationships with all kinds of people
- you're proactive and comfortable managing your own workload
- you're experienced with managing compliance issues within a legal environment
When you join the Co-op you'll become part of an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You'll also get a competitive salary, 28 days holiday, an annual incentive scheme, discounts on all kinds of products and services, and a pension with up to 10% employer contributions.
We're actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But we know that simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, enabling our colleagues to adjust their hours to accommodate personal circumstances. You can find out more about the full range of Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81433764