Multi Skilled Engineer
I currently have a temporary vacancy for approx 24 weeks for a Mechanical Fitter.
Are you a highly motivated Maintenance Fitter?
Do you have excellent problem solving skills and a logical approach?
Can you carry out a wide range of reactive repairs and planned preventative maintenance work?
The successful Candidate will have:
- A recognised mechanical engineering qualification in Mechanical Engineering (Maintenance) or Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC),
- Experience of working on-site, preferably within a similar large and complex environment.
- A flexible approach to ensure the service being delivered is efficient and effective to meet the needs of a wide portfolio of clients.
You will join our Maintenance team which is dedicated to providing a wide range of support services connected with the effective management, development and maintenance of the Site.
You will report in to the Mechanical Supervisor who is responsible for the day to day delivery of reactive maintenance. You will have successfully completed a recognised Mechanical Engineering (Maintenance) or HVAC apprenticeship with extensive on-site experience.
You will be able to work unsupervised, and on your own initiative, within a large and complex organisation, whilst maintaining a safe working environment.
What does the role entail?
As a Maintenance Fitter, your main duties will include:
- Assessing and diagnosing faults on mechanical installation systems (Low Pressure Hot Water, Domestic Hot Water, Local Exhaust Ventilation, and Steam) and taking appropriate courses of action, including escalation to the appropriate level;
- Utilising the TREND (BEMS) control systems to diagnose faults and taking appropriate courses of action to resolve issues;
- Carrying out safe isolation and re-instatement of main mechanical plant and machinery associated with large buildings;
- Carrying out small minor installation works for heating, ventilation, air Conditioning and motors for compressed air;
- Carrying out insurance inspection works on steam, compressed air and chilled water plant in accordance with pressure systems regulations 2000;
- Driving of vehicles when required in order to transfer materials and/or tools across the estate.
These duties provide a framework for the role and should not be regarded as a definitive list. Other reasonable duties may be required consistent with the grade of the post.
What will you bring to the role?
As a Maintenance Fitter you will have:
- A recognised Mechanical Engineering (Maintenance) or Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) qualification (City and Guilds, NVQ Level 3, or equivalent);
- Successfully completed a Mechanical Engineering (Maintenance) or HVAC apprenticeship;
- Significant on-site experience in a similar large, complex environment;
- A full current, valid Driving License;
- Experience and understanding of Permit to Work and Safe Systems of Work procedures;
- Machinery skills including operating lathe equipment, and/or Pipe welding skills to Building Engineering Services Competence Assessment (BESCA) certification standards;
- An awareness of Health and Safety regulations, with the ability to comply with organisational safety requirements and take a responsible approach to managing, mitigating and avoiding risk;
- A high level of competence and attention to detail, with experience of working in a large and complex organisation successfully delivering a broad range of plumbing reactive and planned maintenance activities;
- Excellent customer care skills with a commitment to providing an excellent and reactive maintenance service to end users;
- Excellent problem solving skills, with experience of using your own initiative to assess, diagnose and apply appropriate solutions to problems;
- The ability to adjust to different conditions, technologies, situations and environments;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work as an effective team member;
- Commitment to demonstrate behaviours in line with the University's values.
You may also have:
- Knowledge of L8 ACoP (Legionella);
- Knowledge of Gas/Oli/Bio-mas boiler systems;
- Knowledge of pressurised water systems.
If this is you and you Fit the Criteria, Please attach your CV.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81436217