Community Investment Officer
We have a new opportunity for a Community Investment Advisor to develop, manage and deliver a regional Community Investment strategy for the Residential Business Unit in line with the Group’s Reshaping Tomorrow, enhancing the brand for our customers and leaving a lasting legacy, following the win of some exciting new projects in the area.
Strategic accountabilities will include:
- Develop, implement & manage internal and external Community Investment Communication
- Use tools outlined in Communication Investment Strategy to encourage competitiveness amongst projects
- Build and manage strategic relationships with key clients
- Develop strategic approach to partnering opportunities with local authorities identifying and utilising external funding options / community grants
- Ensure Wates is a leading business in any Community Investment activities undertaken with third parties
- Strengthen our bid documents/proposals and forge greater relationships with our key clients by understanding their objectives and agenda.
From a delivery perspective you will develop a Community Investment Strategy for each project including employment and skills plans and work with projects from Bid to delivery stage to ensure promises are delivered and well communicated. Working with the planning team to establish pre-programme PR opportunities/milestones in line with External Community Investment Communication Strategy and also with the Group team on delivering Wates corporate programmes around education, employability and enterprise
To be successful in the role you will have gained relevant knowledge and experience from working in a similar role, with the passion and drive to successfully deliver strategy and new initiatives across the business.
Alongside this you will have project management experience, good research skills and the ability to work effectively with internal and external contacts at all levels. Experience within the Residential / Public sector ideal.
A bit about us:
Wates is one of the largest and most successful family-owned private construction, development and property services companies in the UK.
As a progressive and rewarding business we offer our people the opportunity to grow their careers whilst working together to deliver the promises we make to our customers.
Our company values of integrity, intelligence, performance, teamwork and respect for people, along with communities and the environment, run through our business at every level and are at the heart of everything we do.
The wellbeing and safety of our people is our priority, therefore creating a zero harm culture and encouraging a healthy work-life balance is important to us. Wates Group are a responsible and inclusive employer and are proud to have been recognized for this through a range of accolades including gold accreditations with C2E (Committed to Equality) and Investors in People.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81435826