Sales Ledger Clerk
This is a great chance to join this rapidly expanding business in their finance department.
My client is a leader in their field and is seeking a sales ledger clerk due to expansion.
The core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Update and allocate customer receipts correctly.
- Ensure all receipts are fully accounted for, accurately and highlighting outstanding payments required.
- Respond promptly to external and internal queries in an efficient manner, investigating and resolving issues to prevent a delay in payment or receipt allocation.
- Manage the POD processing and dispute process using various reports and information to reduce possible discrepancies.
- Generate open price and other price reports to distribute to departments for allocation of prices, ensuring prompt invoice generation.
- Undertake administration, and reconciliation of all paperwork to ensure efficient referencing, full account histories and compliance with best practice accounting.
- Set up new customers and continually monitor credit ratings of existing customers, adjusting where relevant ensuring adequate and appropriate credit limits are assigned to the customers.
- Generate manual invoices or statements as required to ensure timely cash flows.
- Review aged debt, identifying overdues and chasing these for payment, minimising the potential bad debt to help maintain cash flow.
- The job is largely directed by process, routine and response to queries. Within these constraints the job holder can prioritise tasks. The job holder can recommend customer accounts that should be put on stop and can raise or lower credit limits within set parameters.
- Maintain effective relationships within Finance, Commercial and other areas of the business in order to sustain effective lines of communication and facilitate early resolution of any debtor issues.
The successful candidate will have:
- GCSE level or equivalent with good numeracy and literacy
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Good communication, persuasion, negotiation
- Excellent organisation skills
- Time Management
- Attention to detail, delivering high quality work to deadlines under time pressure.
A competitive salary package
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81435797