Engineering Manager - FTSE 250 organisation, £80,000 - £100,000
I am recruiting on behalf of a FTSE 250 Engineering Organisation and market leader in providing engineering support to private and public sector institutions across the UK and overseas. This particular role functions within Energy and Marine engineering, providing support in naval architecture, marine electrical engineering, and project support to offshore, marine and defence markets worldwide .
The successful Engineering Manager will join on a full time permanent basis and be based out of Rosyth. Initially, you will be responsible for a FEED or a FPSO conversion. However, you will also support bids and tenders and use your technical expertise to help grow and develop the business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for
- Direct and manage the interface between Engineering and the other disciplines on the project including Project Controls, Project Management, Supply Chain Management, Partners and the Client team
- Develop and review project Scope of Services, Scope of Facilities, and other project baseline documents for all phases of projects
- Develop and review estimates and schedules, progress reports, including manpower forecasts
- Work with Discipline Leads and Engineering Department Managers to ensure that staffing levels are appropriate to achieve the engineering schedule commitments and personnel are assigned with appropriate ability
- Ensure that the engineering work on the project is completed on schedule, meets Babcock's quality standards including review meetings and checking procedures, performance is within the baseline man hour and material budgets, required deliverables are produced, change management is executed in a timely manner, and Engineering Department Managers are apprised of issues related to their function
- Review and approve specifications, including design criteria
- Strong demonstrated focus on meeting HSEQ deliverables
- Superb communication skills with ability to lead, influence, coordinate and resolve issues.
- Responsible for forming and managing effective relationships with project stakeholders
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in engineering, or related field
- A postgraduate qualification is also desirable, as is membership in a professional body
- Ideally APM qualified preferably to Registered Project Professional (RPP)
- Professional registration and active participation in technical society
- Experience of engineering management of FPSO Projects in FEED and / or Detailed Design
- Practical experience of ensuring a safe working environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications, including presentation skills
- Results driven
- Commercial awareness
As a market leading organisation they are looking to appoint a high calibre, career focused individual. If you are looking to progress your career within a progressive organisation contact me on 0117 9309 726 or
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81434749