System Engineer (AWS/Google Cloud Platform) - London - Leading Partner
Clement May are currently working on behalf of a well respected Newspaper based in London who has really set the pace for change within the Industry and are now searching for an experienced Systems Engineer to join the SE Team.
They have successfully evolved into a multi-platform digital operation that continues to deliver the highest quality journalism, setting the global news agenda.
The systems Engineer reports directly to the Head of Systems Engineering. As part of the SE team, this role will work embedded directly in their product teams. This position is responsible for collaborating directly with the development teams to facilitate and unblock their sprints, along with working with the rest of the operations team to build their core cloud infrastructure. Responsibilities will focus on production support, automation of development environments, tools chains (integration/deployment) as well as their AWS & GCP infrastructure to provide robust, repeatable and resilient solutions.
- Production support
- Automate and maintain server provisioning and application deployment
- Releasing products and applications safely into the live production environment
- Maintain and improve build automation, the supporting systems and applications which comprise the build infrastructure
- Continually improve the speed, efficiency and scalability of the build processes and infrastructure
- Create and maintain documentation on the build systems, infrastructure and processes
- Manage release and builds with third party vendors both onshore and offshore
- Validation and gathering of requirements which drive release timelines
- Work directly with development team to facilitate delivery of products
- Experience in an operational role responsible for a large, public-facing website
- Strong understanding of Amazon AWS or Google Cloud Platform products, services, design and architecture principles - infrastructure as code: cloudformation / terraform
- Container automation and management: Docker / ECS / Kubernetes
- Strong practical experience with GNU/Linux system Administration, application servers, build automation and system configuration tools (i.e. Jenkins/Bamboo, Puppet/Chef).
- Provable practical knowledge of one of; bash / python / node / scala / java
?- Ability to identify areas where tasks can be automated/streamlined and see this through
- Experience with relational / nonrelational databases and related tools
- Ability to author, communicate and enforce a solid understanding of release engineering best practices including security and automated recovery.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81433448