Finance Assistant (inside IR35)
Finance Assistant (inside IR35), Banking, Financial, Financing, Oracle, Excel, Microsoft, Budget, Treasury, Debt Management, Finance Administration, Accounting, Accountant, Data Processing,
Our Government client in the financial sector is looking for a Finance Assistant to join the Finance Team. The role is inside of the IR35 legislation.
Key responsibilities and main tasks and activities
- To maintain and apply effective control procedures to ensure the prompt payment of the entire clients supplier invoices within a 3-working day deadline.
- To maintain an accurate and comprehensive database of supplier transaction records that track the status of each invoice and provides supporting data to aid reporting of management information.
- To maintain an accurate and comprehensive database of purchase orders and to ensure that the procurement infrastructure is maintained to support the prompt payment of supplier invoices.
- To liaise with internal budget holders to promote and facilitate the prompt payment of supplier invoices.
- To liaise with the HM Treasury Group Shared Services staff in Norwich who provide Accounts Payable functions to the client
- To liaise as required, with the clients' suppliers, clients and customers to resolve queries and disputes in an efficient manner.
- To manage a number of ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Awareness of the banking / financial sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial controls, budgeting and accrual accounting.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel functionality.
- A demonstrable knowledge of financial administration processes and accounting principles
- At least 2 year's experience of financial administration work. This should include 1-year experience of accounts payable, accounts receivable, or administration of similar financial transactions
- Effective written and oral communication in order to resolve queries from suppliers and provide solutions to internal Budget Holders
- Excellent attention to detail. Enthusiastic and pro-active approach to new challenges.
- Effective time management and efficient and productive work processes.
- Good team member, supportive of colleagues.
- Ability to provide cover for other staff members and take on new tasks. Ability to retain good humour, sense of proportion and self-motivation under pressure.
- Knowledge of Oracle Financial Systems and a basic understanding of modular Financial Systems software.
- Association of Accounting Technicians qualified, good A-Levels, college diploma or equivalent.
- Data processing and analysis work. Dealing and communicating effectively with internal or external clients and stakeholders
- Demonstrable effective critical assessment of control processes and activities.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81436312