Audit Senior - Excellent Growing Independent
An independent firm with an excellent reputation in the local market are looking for a qualified audit senior to join their growing team.
The client is a successful growing independent firm with a great reputation in the Surrey market.
- Acting as the first point of contact for our clients on a day-to-day basis.
- Demonstrating excellent writing, research and presentation skills (proficient in power point, excel and word).
- Anticipating client needs, and communicating effectively with clients in both written and verbal exchanges.
- Acting at all times with the Firm's best interests in mind. Acts with integrity in all dealings.
- Assisting in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, providing solutions and seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the different types of risk, understanding the Firm's approach and policies for managing risk in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules and following policies.
- Considering and managing risk (reputational, operational and credit) in all interactions with clients.
- Showing a sense of urgency and understanding of how their work (including speed, attention to detail, and quality) impacts the Firm's ability to serve clients.
- Producing work for the Manager and/or Partner review, clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Demonstrating business development skills an identifying additional sales opportunities.
- Demonstrating an application and solution-based approach to problem solving, referred to for research on delivery of solutions in that field on client assignments
- Identifying areas requiring improvement in the client's business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver Audit Findings Reports to be provided to the client.
- Taking primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
The successful candidate will have the following qualities;
- Ability to execute work efficiently, delivering excellent service.
- Act as a role model for more junior members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching.
- Adhere to the firm's risk management policies at all times.
- Deliver work to the highest quality.
- Solid understanding and application of UKGAAP accounting fundamentals and applications; proficient in basic technical techniques (valuations, modelling, spreadsheets).
- Ability to provide fast and intuitive analysis; correctly interpreting data, including financial statements and source documents.
- Demonstration of the ability to effectively manage the audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- The ability to lead and manage fieldwork on client's sites, including liaison with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.
Salary between £35,000 - £45,000 depending on experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81434646