Senior Systems Administrator
At Study Group we rely on the management and development of our systems in order to operate in a complex, fast paced and competitive global marketplace. That’s why we’ve decided to create this new role, based at our Brighton office five minutes’ walk from the train station.
What skills will I need for the job?
You’ll have strong staff management and development skills, and an understanding of finance processes. Agresso experience would be ideal, but we're very happy to consider applicants with experience of other finance systems (mid tier and above).
If you’re experienced in staff training and / or change management, then that’s great – but if you’re not, but you tick the other boxes, we’d love to hear from you!
Why should I want the job?
It’s an opportunity to work for Study Group, the 2017 Pathway Company of the Year*, in a newly created role which you can very much “make your own.” We believe in empowering the people who work for us – so if you have ideas, we want to hear them! The role offers plenty of variety, and the chance to get involved in projects as well as doing the “day job”. And you’ll be working in the thriving heart of a great city.
What will the job actually involve?
In this job you’ll manage the finance systems support team (two staff), supporting global finance with ledger update processes, operational changes and continuous improvements related to finance systems (Agresso and Callidus). You’ll use your exemplary organisational, staff management and customer service skills to develop a first class function, ensuring issues raised by finance and other business users are resolved in a timely and friendly fashion.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
Supporting the Finance & Business Users
- Ownership of, coordinating and supporting the monthly/quarterly/annually finance reporting process updates in the Agresso system
- Agreeing incident / problem resolution KPIs with key stakeholders and publishing dashboards / reports to demonstrate the team’s performance
- Key escalation point for serious finance system issues; coordinating major incidents and ensuring resolution
- Ensuring system integrity across financial systems
Change Management & Projects
- Change management and maintenance of the group’s key financial and management reporting systems
- Help develop, coordinate and continuously improve governance processes for system and process changes
- Develop and provide training for finance and business users
- Continuous improvement and challenging of processes, by gathering business requirements from users, identifying efficiencies and driving changes
- Maintain and ensure relevant system and process documentation is kept current
- Assist with the design, structure, processes and setup of any new business partners and any acquired businesses
Staff and Stakeholder Management
- Build and maintain relationships with the Finance Change Team, IT Team and ELTs
- Build a productive team working environment through constructive, regular and timely feedback
*Education Investor Awards 2017
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81436966