Database Analyst (Energy)
Database Analyst (Energy)
Up to £32,000 p/a + amazing benefits (Grade E)
Manchester city centre
The Co-op is changing. And it's changing fast. As owners of one of the UK's largest commercial property portfolios, we've got a big job on our hands managing and transforming our estate to make it fit for the future. Our energy and utilities team provide sustainable energy solutions that benefit our estate, our corporate partners, and the communities we serve. We're growing our services by helping like-minded organisations manage their energy procurement and energy service commitments via our energy business - Co-op Power. Now we're looking for an experienced and ambitious analyst to join us and provide our teams with the insight they need to develop our services and generate more business.
As a property database analyst at the Co-op, we'll look to you to manage all aspects of system operations and maintenance. You'll analyse data and input any changes into the system. It'll be up to you to run regular reports and identify any potential leads and business opportunities to pass on to the team. It's a big job. And an even greater opportunity to play an integral role in the growth of Co-op Power.
What you'll do:
- take ownership of managing and updating system data
- identify any data trends, opportunities and leads to feedback into the team
- manage and build accurate reports to help support key business decisions around spend and suppliers etc.
- manage any updates and tariffs in data, including any property changes such as meter changes or change of premises
- manage software changes; test any software upgrades and take ownership of software administration rights
- carry out regular system refreshes to make sure that data and reports are consistently accurate and up to date
To be successful, you'll have worked in a similar MI, reporting, or data analysis role before. You'll have advanced excel skills, and you'll be able to build great working relationships with all kinds of people. Ideally you'll come from an energy or utilities background, but this isn't essential as long as you can bring the proven skills and experience you'll need. And if you're confident working at pace in a constantly changing environment, you'll have a fantastic chance to make a massive impact to the future growth of our energy business.
We'd love to speak to you if:
- you have experience in a similar MI or reporting role
- you can bring advanced excel skills
- you're confident building reports and presenting data
- you have compliance experience
- you've previously worked in or have an understanding of the energy industry, this would be ideal
- you're able to build solid and meaningful relationships with all kinds of people
- you have strong IT skills and experience
When you join the Co-op you'll become part of an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You'll also get a competitive salary, 28 days holiday, an annual incentive scheme, discounts on all kinds of products and services, and a pension with up to 10% employer contributions.
We're actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But we know that simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, enabling our colleagues to adjust their hours to accommodate personal circumstances. You can find out more about the full range of Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81434245