Digital Platform Ops Engineer - HSBC - Contract - 6 months
Do you want to work for one of the world's largest global banks? Want to be part its exciting digital transformation? Do you want to engineer incredible products for millions of customers?
Well HSBC offers just that. It's exciting times here and if you're looking for a role that will give you the opportunity to grow, innovate and deliver cutting edge software then join us. Whether you want a career to take you to the top or simply take you in a new direction, HSBC offers fantastic opportunities, support and rewards that will help grow your career.
Global IT enables HSBC to remain at the forefront of software development by delivering top quality, customised banking solutions across 50+ countries. Increasingly our digital products are becoming the first point of contact for over 40 million HSBC customers, allowing us to embrace a rapid rate of change, the adoption of new technologies and utilise agile delivery methods. We believe in creating fantastic products with exceptional customer experience, ones that seamlessly integrate into our customer's lives.
Digital IT sits within Global IT with an annual budget of approximately $US 250-300 million. We're an international brand undertaking a major transformation and provide opportunities on a global scale.
We're looking for passionate, driven, team loving, kind, agile evangelising, technology enthusiasts to join the team and become part of our journey to shape and change the future of HSBC.
We are rebuilding our consumer facing digital products, from mobile banking to credit card applications. As part of that we are building a new platform to host and run all of this, making sure we have the highest levels of quality and customer satisfaction and you can help bring this to life.
As a Platform Operations Engineer you'll be supporting a team with full responsibility for their section of the Digital Platform.
Working closely with the cross functional product teams, you'll make sure your product's environments are working as intended.
You will be wearing multiple hats - a technical innovator, a subject matter expert, a mentor & guide, a consultant and a trouble-shooter.
Our key technologies are Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Mulesoft Anypoint Platform, Spring Boot/Cloud, AppDynamics/New Relic, Splunk, Jenkins, GitHub, Jira, Confluence, JMeter, Selenium and Cucumber, in an agile operating model, with technologies such as Redis, AWS, MongoDB, Node.js, Kubernetes. React waiting in the wings.
As Platform Operations Engineer you will:
- Have a detailed knowledge of deployment, automation, orchestration, and monitoring tools (e.g Jenkins, Cloud Foundry, AppDynamics)
- Experience in highly available, highly scalable architectures
- Knowledge of SAML and JWT
- Have experience designing and building in the cloud (ideally AWS / Azure)
- Proven track-record in leading technology evaluation and adoption
- Be comfortable working within an agile, multidisciplinary team.
- Be a clear communicator, document your work, and share your ideas but also be open to giving and receiving feedback.
- Ask 'why', be inquisitive, and want to solve interesting problems
- Be prepared to challenge the status quo and always be pushing for smarter ways of working
- Strong Technical Skills
- Experience in micro services architecture and engineering
- Experience working on
- PaaS : Cloud Foundry/AWS
- Microservices : Mulesoft / Spring Boot / Spring Cloud
- APM : AppDynamics / New Relic
- LM : Splunk, ELK
- Exposure to emerging technologies in Cloud and Mobile space is desirable
- Influence and champion new ideas and methods
- Great communication - convey your thoughts, ideas and opinions clearly and concisely face-to-face or virtually to all levels up and down stream
- And equally important - you listen and reflect back what others communicate to you
- Be flexible under pressure
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to communicate with non-technical people
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81434263