Due to rapid expansion, our client, a dual qualified practice based within the Thames Valley area are looking for a multiple payroller with a good working knowledge of running and checking both weekly and monthly payrolls on behalf of an extensive client base across a number of disciplines.
Working as part of a well-established team, you will assist and ensure an effective payroll service for the organisations new and existing client portfolio. Our client range covers payrolls for various payroll periods, therefore a knowledge of multiple payrolls both weekly, fortnightly and monthly is essential.
Day to day duties:
- Enter payroll information, checking for errors or discrepancies.
- Process leavers and starters.
- Process sick leave, maternity leave, pensions, student loans etc.
- Produce payslips and associated reports to send to clients.
- Pension auto-enrolment assessment and processing.
- Process the payroll year end for all clients ensuring that information is correctly recorded and reported.
- Update the payroll customers’ contact information.
- Answer and respond to telephone and e-mail queries when required.
- Keep the filing system secure and orderly.
- Perform redundancy entitlement, salary and holiday pay calculations as requested.
- Back-up the system to ensure safe storage of information Website.
- Contribute to an interesting and informative website area for payroll clients
- Other Payroll Tasks.
- Carry out other tasks of a financial nature as required.
- To maintain confidentiality of payroll paperwork and systems.
The successful candidate will be competent within payroll, although a background in professional services or a bureau would be an an advantage, applications from payroll professionals outside this remit are also welcomed.
Key Skills required
- Experience in payroll and processing year end payroll annual returns.
- Experience of Sage payroll systems.
- Experience of auto-enrolment workplace pensions.
- Good numerical and IT skills
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- An organised and methodical approach
- Logical thinking and problem-solving ability
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good time management for meeting strict deadlines
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- Honesty and respect for confidential information.
- Desirable Skills
- International payroll/tax experience
- Exposure to chargeable time and timesheets is advantageous
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81434096