Lead Engineer - Test & Commissioning
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999 chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following experience:
* Proven experience in managing a skilled team especially when geographically spread.
* Experience of producing or using test strategies and plans that minimise risk to existing operational services as part of an upgrade or renewal of a legacy telecom system.
* Proven experience in managing a site based team of testers to deliver a programme of works.
* Proficiency of communicating (both written and verbally) with client engineers to present test strategies/plans and ensuring implemented systems are accepted on completion of test activities.
Good experience and knowledge of new and legacy telecom systems on Network Rail infrastructure as follows:
* Transmission (SDH and PDH).
* Telephone Concentrators/PABXs.
* Cable Networks (Fibre, Copper, Structured).
* PETS Systems and operational phones.
* IP Networking.
* Radio Systems (GSMR, CSR, NRN).
* Positioned within the Rail Engineering team you will be responsible for leading the Test & Commissioning department for Rail projects.
* This will involve the day-to-day line management of a small team, working closely with the Rail Engineering
* Manager and Project Managers to ensure competent resource is allocated to deliver programme requirements. Management of staff utilisation, performance reviews, identification of training and cascade briefings are key responsibilities.
* In addition to the team leader responsibilities, the Lead Engineer would also take on project specific responsibilities for test and commissioning activities.
* Line management of the Rail Test & Commissioning Team.
* Develop the capabilities of the Rail Test & Commissioning Team to meet the business objectives.
* Responsible for the co-ordination of all test resource requirements with the Design Engineers and Project
* Managers to ensure correct delivery of all project deliverables.
* Responsible to ensure all staff involved in test activities have the appropriate level of competence.
* Production of detailed requirement verification documentation to include test strategies, test and commissioning plans, test methodologies and equipment to be used.
* Production of business justifications for the procurement of test equipment.
* Responsible for providing technical support to site based resource relating to commissioning activities.
* To liaise with other key client and stakeholder team members to ensure management of key testing interfaces.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
* IRSE Telecoms 'System Tester' licence (2.3.265) or 'Engineering Manager - Testing' licence (7.8.110 C).
* Working knowledge of HSE and CDM and Safety Critical Works Regulations.
* Working knowledge of Network Rail, LUL and Railway Group standards.
* Minimum of Network Rail PTS qualification.
* You will be a natural leader and team player, with an exceptional ability to persuade and influence at all levels and the ability to make sound decisions.
* You will be an effective communicator (both written and verbal) and be able to effectively direct others in the implementation of test programmes.
* Attention to detail is essential along with high integrity when taking responsibility of endorsing systems as fit for purpose to go into beneficial use.
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81433326