Our Client is an Independent and experienced firm of Chartered Certified Accountants based in Harrow, Middlesex.
Established for over 30 years, they pride themselves on providing a professional and personal service to all of their clients. They offer specialised solutions including providing advice to small, medium-sized companies and businesses.
They currently are seeking to source a highly experienced Bookkeeper to join their dedicated team paying a great salary.
You will be responsible for liaising with a portfolio of clients regarding their finances and accounts, maintaining their ledgers and reconciling accounts. This role requires mandatory knowledge of Sage 50 and excellent knowledge of Xero would also be an advantage. Applicants with qualifications in ACCA or CIMA will be preferred.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate and dedicated individual with career progression in accounts within a professional, vibrant and successful practice.
- Managing accounts on behalf of small-medium sized sole traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies
- Coordinating client bookkeeping, VAT, payroll, management reporting and year end accounting requirements
- Producing accounts to trial balance and drafting onto software for review
- Preparing client payrolls, completing month-end and year-end PAYE and HMRC returns
- Calculating, preparing and producing quarterly VAT returns and submitting payments to the HMRC
- Processing computerised accounts for clients using Sage / Xero / Quickbooks
- Preparation of management financial statements, VAT returns and FCA returns for clients.
- Ensure all client work is completed within applicable lodgement and work schedule deadlines.
- Maintenance of general ledgers, purchase ledgers and sales ledgers
- Bank Reconciliations
- Effectively communicate queries to clients when necessary.
- Ensure own productivity level and others within the department meets or exceeds budget expectation.
- Recent experience working as a Bookkeeper within Practice only
- Minimum 5 years' experience in an accountancy firm
- In-depth knowledge of Euro VAT and VAT Returns
- Part / Fully ACCA Qualified or CIMA Qualified
- Excellent knowledge of Sage 50 and Xero
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81429797