Building Claims Investigator (Exeter, Devon)
This is a key role in our business providing a professional service to Homeowners and NHBC Registered Builders, investigating building defects and damage and settling resolution claims. Our Claims Investigators provide determination of Claims and Resolutions under the NHBC Buildmark Cover and promote the aims and services of NHBC to advance good customer relations.
Who are we looking for?
As a Claims Investigator you should have a construction background with a solid building technical experience (preferably gained within New Build) as well as knowledge of remedial techniques. Ideally you will hold a relevant technical qualification and have good working knowledge of potential causes of building defects, Building Regulations, construction techniques and Health & Safety along with loss adjustor experience.
As the first point of contact with Homeowners, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly (verbal & written) and prepare report formats is essential. You’ll also need the ability to translate technical ‘speak’ into easy to understand language for our customers. Experience in preparing repair schedules would be an advantage and a relevant membership such as RICS and/or CIOB is highly desirable. Good IT skills and a current driving licence are also needed.
We’re looking for someone who is always looking to do things better and with a high level of attention to detail. Being able to put yourself in your customer’s shoes and seeing things from their perspective, whilst balancing operational parameters and behaving ethically, is really key to doing well in this role.
- Examination of documents and available history of a property, establish the limits of the cover provided under the NHBC policy
- Conduct on site Resolution meetings between Homeowners and Builders
- Investigate Claims made against the NHBC policy
- Diagnose cause of failure and determine if NHBC or another insurer is liable, depending on policy/standards wording
- Calculate cost of repair using NHBC repair estimating system
- Prepare schedules for remedial work and issue instructions to Builder/Remedial Works Contractor
- Provide technical reports
- Notify Homeowners and Builders of decision on Resolution and Claims within authority level
- Make recommendations as to the validity of Claims and suggest appropriate course of action on Claims above financial limits
- Forward plan workload, typically 3 months ahead
- Supervision of repairs, anything up to 9 months
- Monitoring for periods in excess of 1 year
- Maintain records of all investigations and resolutions for audit purposes
What can we offer you?
Competitive salary, 6% bonus, 25 days holiday, a quality kite mark standard pension scheme providing up to a 10.5% employer contribution, life assurance, private medical insurance, company car and a range of discounted and preferential rates for various products and services e.g. gym membership.
NHBC is committed to equal opportunities for all. We are a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) and the Women in Finance Charter. Our inclusive culture helps us to maintain competitive advantage as we aim to attract people from diverse backgrounds to complement our team.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81433095