Head of Internal Audit
Sevenoaks. You will join us on a full time, permeant basis and will receive a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits package!
FM Conway delivers the infrastructure services to support, develop and maintain the UK’s vital transport networks, built environment and open spaces. At FM Conway our values define who we are as a company and as individuals by guiding our actions and decisions.
The Head of Internal Audit role
Internal Audit is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve FM Conway’s operations. It should help FM Conway to accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance process.
Key responsibilities of ourHead of Internal Audit
The Head of Internal Audit is a leadership role with a mandate for the delivery of:
- The development and maintenance of the corporate risk framework and assisting in the corporate governance reporting process.
- The development of an Internal Audit risk based work programme each year;
- Delivering the Internal Audit risk based programme of work and providing timely and high-quality feedback;
- Design control activities to measure and monitor identified key processes and protocols;
- Create and own the annual compliance monitoring plan;
- Performing special reviews requested by management or the Audit Committee or its equivalent; and
- Liaising with the external auditors to ensure that assurance from both internal and external resources is provided cost effectively.
- Any other Ad-Hoc duties as and when required.
Skills & Experience required of our Head of Internal Audit
- MIIA/CIA or other equivalent qualification i.e. CISA, CIMA etc.
- Direct activity to develop and implement an Internal Audit.
- Plan which reflects the priorities of FMC.
- Engage effectively with top level stakeholders, to support the identification and management of risks and promote effective governance, risk management, control/assurance arrangements.
- Direct continuous improvement activities to build the capability of the department to deliver value-added internal audit services.
- Direct and undertake delivery of the Audit Plan in line with quality, time and budget requirements to support robust assurance opinions and other agreed stakeholder requirements.
- Accountability for the delivery of evidence-based, independent assurance in accordance with the agreed timetables.
- Strong technical skills in CaseWare IDEA data analytics.
- Prior experience gained from working within the construction or aggregate industries.
- MBA or other Master’s Degree in a related discipline. (Desirable)
- Bachelor’s degree preferable in Economics, Commerce, Finance or a related discipline. (Desirable)
Benefits of becoming our Head of Internal Audit
In return for your commitment FM Conway will offer you a competitive salary with a wide range of benefits such as company pension, life assurance and Healthcare for you and your family. Based in our beautiful, modern offices in Sevenoaks you will also be entitled to an onsite restaurant plus free 24 hour use of a gym.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to develop their career so if you would like to join our team as our Head of Internal Audit then please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81432950