Risk Analyst Manchester Airport
The Exciting Opportunity:
Are you a Risk Analyst looking for your next challenge? Or a Project Controls / Commercial Assistant with an eye for detail looking to move into Risk Management?
We’re looking for a Risk Analystto join our on-site team working on the Manchester Airport Transformation Programme (MAN-TP).
This is the most significant programme of investment ever made in Manchester Airport, a £1bn programme to upgrade and reconfigure existing assets and improve service to customers globally. This is an opportunity to be involved in an exciting transformation project which will give you the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go!
Overview of Role:
Our Risk Management team work with industry-leading clients on major multi-million Pound projects, programmes and portfolios of work, providing support and technical information relevant to the service requirements. In collaboration with the wider Programme and Project Controls community, our service excellence is supported by internal knowledge communities and collaboration tools to capture and share best practice. We are looking for self-starting and motivated analysts to join our high performing team of risk and value analysts, managers and consultants.
The main purpose of the role is to:
- Provide support to the Project Risk Manager in development and delivery of risk management service capability.
- Demonstrate effectiveness of the risk management process and integrate with other project management and control disciplines.
- Manage and deliver project or programme controls work by delivering risk management activities to identify, evaluate, mitigate and report on threats and opportunities to our clients within capital projects, whilst meeting defined objectives within time and cost parameters
- Support delivery of scope of work in line with budgetary, compliance, regulatory and planning controls
- Ensuring that all risks to the project are compliant to project processes, that risks are accurately identified, recorded in the appropriate risk management tool, quantified with appropriate supporting data - including cost data - and review intervals
- Assisting the risk manager by facilitating run risk identification workshops
- Assisting the risk manager to produce risk reports and risk modelling including scheduling and cost
- Liaising with cost teams and maintaining project risk trackers
- Updating the status of risks in the risk register & communicating key changes and trends;
·Analysing risk information and identifying any anomalies / discrepancies to the Risk Manager / Senior Management as appropriate.
·Being a source of risk management advice and support for colleagues within their own business area, encouraging a robust risk management culture.
- Supporting delivery of risk training and building appropriate risk management culture on projects.
What You have to Offer:
·Educated to at least degree-level in a subject encompassing data processing, qualitative and quantitative analysis and / or statistical analysis OR
·Educated to at least degree-level in one of the following: risk management, finance, science; statistics; engineering; law; business studies.
·Demonstrable capacity for understanding statistical principles
·Capability to process large quantities of data fast, AND accurately under pressure
·Experience in a data manipulation field preferably gained within the construction sector
·Experience of analysing data, preparing reports and presentations
·A logical approach and ability to think through complex issues to co-ordinate multi-faceted aspects of projects
·Self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to work independently
·Familiar with data mapping processes and workflows in a variety of work areas
·Knowledge of risk management databases such as Active Risk Manager, RiskGen, Predict!
·Knowledge of risk analysis software such as Palisade @Risk, Oracle Primavera Risk Analyser (was Pertmaster), Crystal Ball
·Good grasp of project planning principles
·Experience with project planning tools such as Microsoft Project, Oracle P3e, P6
·Able to present comfortably to senior management and stakeholders
·Negotiation skills and the ability to influence people
·Commercial awareness and organisational understanding
·Experience across 2-3 sectors
·Working towards relevant professional certification
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com.
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81429756