Financial Reporting Manager - Special Projects
This International Advisory firm is looking to recruit a Financial Reporting Manager to work in the Special Projects team based in Milton Keynes.
Working with multiple Clients as the Financial Reporting expert you will be seconded to different projects when needed to support those already working on projects, as well as working with the Advisory team on IPOs when they need an IFRS specialist.
The Financial reporting Manager plays an integral role in the Special Projects team with the opportunity to help develop and implement the strategy for this growing team. Leading on engagements, you will provide high-end technical advice and work alongside other areas of the business to deliver a diverse range of projects.
Key Aspects of the role:-
- Working with clients on diverse projects (IPO's, IFRS/New UK GAAP conversions and technical accounting opinions).
- Implementing the growth strategy for the team
- Proactively developing, maintaining and monitoring your internal and external personal network.
- Engaging with the internal community around the UK to create financial reporting advisory related opportunities for the Special Projects team.
- Leading in the production and presentation of proposals for new work.
- Directing on the development of thought leadership and marketing pieces and host internal and external related events to raise the profile of the team.
- Advising on complex accounting issues under IFRS / New UK GAAP, prepare, and review technical accounting papers.
- Working with clients and other areas of the business to establish an understanding of the commercial situation and financial reporting impact.
- Developing and inspiring junior members of the team in their progression and delivery.
- This role would suit someone with an Accountancy Practice background ideally at Manager or Senior Manager level who has worked with listed clients on IFRS or someone who has moved into industry and worked themselves within a listed business and has strong technical experienced centred mainly around IFRS.
You should be a qualified Accountant (ACA, CA, ACCA) with substantial experience using IFRS/UK GAAP (essential) and ideally US GAAP also (desirable) and of large and complex groups in addition to dealing with complex technical matters, as well as good working knowledge of compliance and regulation.
The ideal person will be a strong Manager with hands-on experience in supporting and mentoring staff aiding their development as well as being focused on your own self-development. You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions.
This is a permanent role paying £50,000 - £55,000 depending on experience. plus excellent benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81432109