Service Design Pre-sales Specialist (Bid/Proposals/ITIL)
telent Service Design Pre-sales Specialist (Bid/Proposals/ITIL), Home Worker
Please note: This position has the opportunity to work from home with some travel to our head office in Warwick if/when required.
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
The Service Design Specialist will have experience of developing and costing service solutions as part of bid and presales proposals/tenders responses, and ideally for complex multi technology solutions in Telecoms and IT service arenas.
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following experience:
* Experience in producing service management content for bid & pre-sales proposals.
* Experience in the sales, pre-sales & operational environments.
* Experience of working in both public and private sector verticals.
* Demonstrable understanding of service management and service operations, costing and commercial structures.
* Excellent communication skills, with experience of working with customers and suppliers to achieve shared goals.
* Strong financial and commercial awareness.
* Explaining service design choices in customer meetings and proposals.
* Experience of working with suppliers and clients at a senior level.
* Happy to present in meetings up to and including board level.
* Ability to multi-task, working on several projects at any given time.
* Ability to work under pressure and meet tight timescales.
* Strong Microsoft Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills.
* As a member of the team reporting to the Service Design and Mobilisation Manager, you will be responsible for providing the overall Service Design to the Sales and Bid Teams and subsequent handover to the Projects and Operations teams.
* You will engage with all areas of telent to define service offerings, and work closely with the Bid, Presales and Sales teams to ensure high quality proposals are submitted, designing credible and deliverable service architecture that is fully costed and appropriate for the customer services required.
* Working with the Bid, Presales and Sales teams to produce high quality, price competitive service solutions ranging from fully managed services through to support and maintenance services.
* Providing presales support to help develop new opportunities and look for innovative solutions to enhance our service offerings.
* Work with the Operations and Engineering teams to develop a robust and measurable service architecture that can be delivered against new customer requirements, and that is scalable for future opportunities.
* Assist the Sales, Bid, and Commercial teams in developing SLAs and associated terms that are relevant, measurable, and achievable by operations.
* Act as an interface between the Presales team and the Operation teams to build a knowledge base of standard collateral and past performance of services offering.
* Identify, as part of service design, the skills, capabilities and functional requirements within Operations to deliver service quality.
* Manage a smooth handover into the Projects and Operations teams, ensuring a succesful go-live.
* Work with the Service Design and Mobilisation Manager to continue to develop, implement and maintain service design and transition processes within the telent business.
* Be aware of external service standards and promote them where appropriate so that they may affect and better our proposals.
* Provide assistance to sales in customer meetings onsite and in telent offices.
* Provide presentation material of service solutions and to actually present these.
* To ensure that where customer requirements are unclear to clarified these in further communication with the customer or escalated to the Service Design and Mobilisation Manager.
* ITIL foundation (essential). Higher ITIL certifications e.g. practioner or intermediate (desirable).
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
* 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
* Company pension scheme
* A range of family friendly policies
* An employee-funded car leasing scheme
* Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81429738