As Credit Controller within a large team you will build and maintain effective relationships with customers to promote a high performing credit control service to the business. In this role you will be encouraged to learn, grow and contribute fresh ideas.
Responsibilities include chasing high volume overdue debt predominately by telephone and resolving customer queries. Excellent negotiation and customer service skills are essential in ensuring our customers pay within their agreed terms. Candidates should be diligent, resilient and a considerate team player. Additionally they will need to possess excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and work within a pressured environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To contact and manage overdue accounts by maximising outgoing calls during the month
- To take ownership of the ledger and ensure the data contained therein is complete, accurate and up to date
- Follow up on deadlines and coordinate further action were required (disconnection/legal)
- Work towards targets for cash collection to reduce outstanding debt exposure to the company
- Record accurately any invoice queries ensuring these are investigated and resolved promptly
- Ability to deal with meter disconnections with firmness but also with understanding and support where necessary
- To be aware of and comply with all company policies and procedures, Equal Opportunities policy, and the Email and Internet Acceptable Usage Policy, in addition to Fire and Health and Safety Regulations.
- Excellent customer service & telephone manner, good negotiator
- Excellent interpersonal & organisation skills
- Concern for accuracy and ability to meet tight deadlines/targets
- Proactive in achieving results
- Able to cope with multiple priorities and changing environment
- Diligent and dependable
- Mature and professional attitude to work
- Able to work as part of a team as well as individually, managing own workload and multi task
- Knowledge of working with SAP
- Demonstrable credit control experience
- Demonstrates a sound understanding of PC software (e.g. Financial systems, Word, Excel, Power point, e-mail)
From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81432157