We're the number one car finance website in the UK for a reason. It's because we pride ourselves on being the best.
Our business is driven by a strong entrepreneurial spirit, which is encouraged throughout every department. We keep this culture by only hiring brilliant people who are driven, ambitious and challenge the norm. We're good at what we do, but there is always room to improve which is why we're serious about investing in our people.
What is the role?
This is a brand new role within a brand new department, giving the successful candidate the opportunity to potentially lead and shape the direction of the team in the future. We are looking for conscientious and driven individuals to make lending decisions on customer's applications. Our business is evolving which means this is an incredible opportunity to be a part of the success story. Over the next 12 months this area will grow immensely meaning the opportunities are endless for the right person.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Assessing customers applications and making responsible lending decisions based on credit reports
- Contacting customers to do an income and expenditure interview check to ensure affordability for the customer
- Analyse documents such as; bank statements, payslips, proof of address etc.
- Working from a specialist loan management system and approving deals to be paid
- Deal with any general enquiries from customers including settlement figures and complaints
What can we expect from you?
- Extensive experience within financial services and a thorough understanding of the FCA and its principles
- Previous underwriting experience in a non-prime market would be desirable however any underwriting experience in consumer lending will be considered
- Conscientious, with the ability to spot errors or missing information quickly and efficiently
- Ability to use own initiative in order to authorise lending decisions
- Organised and able to prioritise workload whilst dealing with multiple documents and customers at any one time
- Confident with the ability to communicate with all levels of stakeholder in order to obtain secondary decisions as and where required
What will you get in return?
- Company funded BUPA healthcare plan
- Pension Scheme & Death in Service
- Family friendly benefits including Childcare vouchers
- Company reward scheme including: length of service awards, peer to peer recognition, suggestion scheme and employee of the month & year awards
- Free fruit, tea and coffee
- Refer a friend reward scheme
- Company social events including: summer parties, team nights out & much more
- Make a difference day - 1 paid day off work to volunteer at a charity of your choice
- Free on site gym (newly refurbished with brand new equipment)
- Communal Gardens
- On site restaurant
- Subsidised car parking
Why CarFinance 247?
At CarFinance 247 we work hard and we're constantly developing - our people, our processes and our technology and we all share the same goal; to consistently deliver a seamless, easy and enjoyable experience to each and every one of our customers and employees.
Investing in our people is a priority, so much so we've developed and run our very own Academy. If you're lucky enough to be a part of our academy you can expect interactive learning, on the job activities & fun activities such as quizzes in order to prepare you for joining your team.
You can be certain that with CarFinance 247 you're always developing, learning new things and creating new opportunities for yourself. In fact, 90% of our managers have been promoted from within. We really believe in our people & strive to ensure you reach your full potential.
So if you're excited about a new challenge, want to work in a fast paced environment, with a team of like-minded people, you're in the right place.
Get in touch.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81429578