Accounts Payable & Cash Administrator (Fixed Term Contract)
Working as part of the Accounts Payable team within the wider Support Services function, you will support the processing of documents from suppliers and the reconciliations of accounts in order to drive effective and timely payments processing.
Through a wide range of activity, you will display a high level of data integrity and management of information in order to ensure that departmental KPI's and SLA's are met and the wider business teams are supported.
Working alongside the Finance, Operational and Procurement teams you'll drive and deliver successful process management in all areas of Account Payables, delivering professional customer service to both internal and external customers in a service excellence culture where 'right first time' is paramount.
This is a Fixed Term Contract until January 2019.
Responsibilities will include:
- Process documents such as invoices and credits following company procedures and policies ensuring they are processed timely and accurately using supporting documentation such as coding matrices to aid accuracy
- Invoice upload file preparation and submission
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner. This will include debit balances, unallocated cash, and matching off payments to invoices, ensuring evidence of the reconciliation and supporting documentation is easily retrieved to support audit and possible queries
- Request manual payments ensuring these are matched to invoices at the earliest opportunity so as not to create a debit balance
- Creation and maintenance of vendor master data files
- Answer internal and external queries in a timely manner, bringing re-curing queries with vendors or processes to the attention of the management team for onward analysis
- Timely resolution of on-stop and legal issues in line with departmental KPIs ensuring invoices are paid at the earliest opportunity
- Monitoring and resolving enquiries received into central Purchasing Email account, and all enquiries actioned within SLA
- Creation and management of Purchase Orders and Goods Receipting activity to support dedicated third-party partner
- Processing and allocation of customer payments including reconciliation of unallocated cash amounts and query management
- Processing and banking of cheque payments
- Reporting and monitoring of AR ledger activity and trends to ensure customers comply with processing payments into the correct account
- Validating refund requests and processing write offs
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent
- BTEC, NVQ or similar desirable
- Finance qualification desirable but not essential
Working experience/Personal attributes
- Previous AP experience preferably SAP processing
- Previous AR experience preferably SAP/Sage processing
- Experience using other ERP systems utilising 3-way match desirable
- High volume data input
- Statement reconciliations
- Excel, including V-Lookups and Pivot tables
- Analytical capability and experience in business trouble-shooting
- Calm and focused approach to problem solving
- Professional customer service approach
- A detailed and structured approach to work
- Good communication
- 'Can do' attitude
- Team worker
The OCS Group is one of the UK's leading providers of facilities management and property support services, employing over 25,000 people in the UK. We have been at the forefront of developing integrated Facilities Management, becoming a seamless extension of our clients' businesses by delivering best in class services. How have we achieved such success? It is through our dedicated teams of industry experts who work in partnership with our clients to deliver innovative FM solutions.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81428951