Product Design Engineer
• Be an essential member in the research, development, documentation, and verification of mechanical components created within the Engineering Department
• Complete failure analysis assessments and recommend corrective actions.
• Review customer requirements for major quotations, select appropriate products, and prepare technical summary documentation to submit with the commercial quotation.
• Review and acceptance of incoming product with issues or NCRs.
• Provide technical support to the manufacturing production line as needed to assist manufacturing and welding engineers in the fabrication of products
• Ensure all deliverables are verified and validated in accordance with all relevant Company policies and regulatory requirements
• Participate in internal design review meetings being aware of commercial implications
• Ensure that internal checking and approvals procedures are adhered to
• Contribute to the investigation, resolution and documentation of Engineering Queries in a timely and technically acceptable fashion
• Support other departments and carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager
• Travel as and when required
·Tertiary education in an Engineering discipline
·Experience in a similar position
Skills, training or special knowledge
·Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook)
Working knowledge of Solidworks/Inventor
Have an understanding of risers/tubulars/ casing pipeline materials and processes
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81427830