Initiatives Senior Pricing Analyst - General Insurance
Principal Pricing Analyst - New Initiatives
This role is within the Pricing department of a major insurance group housing some of the nation's best loved brands, and recognised as a great place to work. A unique opportunity, this role forms part of a project focused team tasked with improving the pricing processes across the business. We are looking for an effective communicator who has operated at Senior level within the pricing function of a general insurer, interested in exploring ways to improve the overall effectiveness and efficiency of pricing.
The role will initially be placed within a specialist team setup to improve the Technical Pricing Processes, this will involve getting a full understanding of how they technically price from idea generation to implementation. In terms of software there will be exposure to Excel, SAS, Radar and Emblem where you will be aiming to map, build and implement improved tools to streamline the Technical Pricing Process.
To achieve the goal of improving the tools/processes for Technical Pricing you will be working heavily with the Technical Pricing team, the New Business Pricing team, the Renewal Pricing team and other specialist areas. Projects in the team will range in complexity, length and importance.
What being a Principal Pricing Analyst - New Initiatives involves:
- Providing analysis in support of New Initiative projects across a number of teams, workstreams and product lines
- Project ownership, innovation, identification, scoping and development to align to and help steer and deliver strategic priorities
- Determine change priorities through liaison with the deployment function and other pricing/UW teams ensuring testing is appropriate, results as expected and rates accurately deployed following correct governance.
- Recommending price/process/functionality changes that take account of customer needs along with business and risk management requirements.
- Liaison and stakeholder management with Pricing Projects, Underwriting, Technical and BAU Pricing, Category, other teams and senior stakeholders as appropriate to gain support for initiatives and embed new capabilities into a business as usual function and
- Ensure compliance with core Group Policies, statutory and regulatory requirements, governance controls (including all relevant risk minimum standards) and timely completion of risk and audit actions. Ensure reputational risk is minimised.
- Develop your own skills and knowledge such that you have the expertise required to achieve current and future business requirements, including through secondments and rotations
Skills and competencies
- Experience within a similar actuarial, pricing or statistical role in the financial services industry
- Evidence of demonstrating personal effectiveness in prior roles
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in mathematics or a related degree
- Knowledge of SAS, EMBlem and/or optimisation software is preferable but not essential
Please send your CV or contact Alex Williams at Gerrard White Consulting for more details.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81433917