Our client is a leading Agile consultancy and is looking for a hands-on Technical Architect that can become part of the their leadership team. As a Technical Architect you will have in depth technical capability to create and design technical solutions from scratch. Ideally you will be from a Java background and have good knowledge of software engineering principles, you will also still have the ability to code to developer standard. As a Technical Architect you will naturally have exceptional stakeholder management skills and have the ability to communicate technical solutions to the business. This is a perfect opportunity for an ambitious technical leader that would like to become part board level decisions and have a fast route to directorship level.
- Domain Driven Design (DDD) and Clean Code
- Hands on development skills in Java
- Event-based architectures
- Ratpack or Dropwizard with Guice
- Understanding of Java web architectures
- Experience with Heroku or Docker-based deployment architectures (e.g. Docker Swarm)
- Infrastructure automation tools e.g. Terraform, Puppet, Ansible
- Old-school integration patterns and technologies, e.g. SOAP, FTP, RPC
- Non-relational data store experience
- Experience with modern front-end toolchains e.g. gulp, webpack, np
- Public clouds, e.g. AWS or Azure
- Linux, ideally CoreOS
- Java 8 and the JVM ecosystem
- TCP/IP / HTTP / REST / DNS / SSL/TLS
- At least one popular relational database technology
- At least one popular messaging technology
- OWASP / OAuth 2
Working with our client you'll develop a deep understanding of their business, policies, processes and organisation, including their objectives and challenges.You will own the relationships with our client's technical stakeholders, and with Magellan-like ability you will navigate their organisation, removing obstacles and influencing people to create a shared technical visionYou'll roll your sleeves up and work in our team to lead the creation of technical solutions that ensure delivery of business outcomes, delighted users, and the lowest total cost of ownership.You'll lead the capture and definition of security, performance, availability and other non-functional requirements.You'll proactively identify major technical risks and mitigation strategies ahead of implementation.
The ideal person will be:
- You're an enthusiastic collaborator with people of all disciplines and develop great working relationships, especially with the client's technical stakeholders and domain experts.
- You've got the confidence and technical chops to collaborate in a high-performing Extreme Programming (XP) team, debate a position with experienced engineers and senior business stakeholders, and facilitate architecture decisions towards consensus agreement.
- You use a disciplined approach to creating robust solutions and delightful experiences with clean code in fast-changing business environments.
- You have awesome fu in test-driven development, continuous integration, pair programming and refactoring.
- You know what you're doing when it comes to the design and development of RESTful web services.
- You're a top hand at designing, storing and protecting data, be it in relational databases or other data stores.
- You have crack skills in building and optimising automated testing and continuous delivery pipelines.
- You're a whizz automating deployment, configuration, scaling and monitoring of Cloud infrastructure.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81435677