Service Calibration Engineer
Brewster Pratap Engineering Division are working with a manufactured of engineering electronics supplying into industries including Aerospace and Medical as they look to recruit a Service Calibration Engineer.
In this role you will predominately cover the UK (with a heavy focus on the West Midlands) and provide a safe, proactive, flexible and comprehensive calibration and engineering service, to support clients in maintaining instrumentation equipment and systems across temperature, electrical and pressure
Reporting to the Service Calibration Manager, your role will involve:
- Install, configure, commission, calibrate and repair onsite instrumentation.
- Calibration, verification and troubleshooting of recorders and instruments which monitor level, flow, pressure, temperature to UKAS and AMS 2750E standards.
- Liaise with the internal office and with other staff.
- Liaise with customers prior to executing the job to ensure full understanding of the nature of the job when required.
- Liaise with customers to advise estimated time of arrival and of any delays which may be anticipated
- Adhere to site safety rules, permit to work systems and carry out risk assessments and method statement.
- Comply with industry codes of practice and company Quality Management System.
- Ensure all forms and certificates are accurate and produced on time.
The successful candidate will have experience in electrical, pressure, temperature calibration and uniformity surveys.
The business are looking for someone reliable, customer focused, who has a methodical approach with competent self-management skills and be able to 'think on their feet'.
Industrial experience in the Metal Processing, Aerospace or similar industries is desirable with a sound knowledge of instruments in particular Eurotherm products would be beneficial.
To be suitable for this role you must have the following experience and characteristics:
- Qualified to ONC/HNC level preferably in electrical/instrumentation/system/control discipline or served a relevant apprenticeship
- Knowledge of UKAS BS/EN/ISO 17025 and AMS 2750E.
- Problem solving and diagnostic skills.
- Experience with calibration of temperature/pressure instrumentation including Temperature Uniformity Surveys.
- Highly self-motivated and have the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- A flexible approach to working activities.
The company will offer basic salary, company car and fuel, and overtime hours.
The role will involve travel throughout the UK and some nights which will involve staying away from home.
Brewster Pratap Engineering is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81429512