Infrastructure Architect - Basingstoke
Infrastructure Architect (Domains) - Basingstoke
A Domain Architect delivers the design and communication of structures to enable and guide the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs. Changes to service, process, organisation, operating model and other aspects may be required in addition to technology components, and solutions must demonstrate how agreed requirements (such as automation of business processes) are met, any requirements which are not fully met or, and any options or considerations which require a business decision. The provision of comprehensive guidance on the development of, and modifications to, solution components to ensure that they take account of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices and that existing and planned solution components remain compatible.
Mandatory Skills Required:
* Client-facing skills at senior-level discussion, with the ability to communicate ideas and thoughts to senior executives.
* A detailed knowledge of the Infrastructure Design Methodology and implementation for the MOD client.
* Experience of infrastructure architecture and design for major MOD IT systems.
* Self-motivating, objective setting, and strong leadership skills.
* Negotiating, bringing consensus, with previous experience of running technical workshops.
* Team development and motivational skills.
* Written communications - clear technical writing and presentation.
* Excellent design experience in proposing and utilizing Microsoft server technologies including Windows Server 2012 R2.
* Core infrastructure solutions delivery which combine both physical and virtual server implementations, throughout the design and implementation lifecycle.
* VMWare VSphere v6.0.
* Server physical architecture design including usage of System Architect (preferable).
* HPPT AS design and implementation.
* SCOM/SCCM design and configuration.
* SNMPv3, Syslog, NTP design and configuration.
* Active Directory/DHCP services.
* RDS design and implementation.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81430005