Technical Pre-Sales Consultant- MIcrosoft & Citrix
Purpose of Job
- To provide technical pre-sales assistance to the Client Development team, for example assisting in designing solutions for the Client Development Managers to quote to customers who have new requirements.
- The role is intended to comprise of roughly 70% working on new business opportunities for Company and 30% on product development.
- To develop a strong understanding of key sector needs & trends and assist in developing the product roadmap for Company to ensure our offerings remain market leading - combining both Microsoft and 3rd party products.
- Assist in producing product marketing collateral to support the Company Hybrid Cloud service
- To provide regular sales training to Company team on all product pillars
- To provide technical training to Project Management Office & Technical team members to ensure delivery and support are suitably skilled in the provision of their services.
- To support and encourage the opening/development of new opportunities with existing customers - for example, proposing the Company Hybrid or Public Cloud service to those approaching end of contract.
- To collaborate with the Project Management Office to articulate customer requirements and thereby ensuring a smooth transition from initial sale to product/service delivery
- To develop and promote a strong relationship with Microsoft to ensure the Company Cloud offerings remain cutting edge.
- To assist in the winning of new business opportunities. This includes, but is not limited to, developing formal sales proposals, presenting and differentiating between product offerings at a professional technical level.
- Conducting Pre-Sales technical audits of prospective sites
Technical Pre-Sales Consultants must have a good technical grasp of Microsoft server, public cloud and Citrix technologies with an understanding of typical applications. Experience of at least four of the following technologies is should be demonstrated;
Microsoft server and desktop technologies: o Active Directory Windows Server and desktop operating systems Exchange Internet Information Services (IIS) , Remote Desktop Services , Clustering (MSCS) Microsoft SQL Server ,O365 , Azure
- Citrix XenApp
- Awareness of WAN/LAN connectivity sufficient to provide advice to customers
- Hypervisor technologies such as VMware or Hyper-V
- Unix or Linux operating systems
- Monitoring applications
- MDM solutions
- Enterprise hardware for servers and storage including SAN
- Public Cloud technologies
- Hybrid concepts
- Cloud PBX and Unified Communications
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81428787