Brewster Pratap are supporting a leading chartered accountants in South Yorkshire with their next Paraplanner role. This role will be based in Rotherham and Doncaster
You will be responsible for assisting the IFAs with technical and administrative duties for a range of products and provide specialist support for investment, pension mortgage and protection advice.
The team is multi-functional, including when required, Valuations, Anti-Money Laundering, Office Admin duties. The jobholder needs to be an excellent team member, with a flexible approach to working, with an ability to guide and support other members of the team.
- Creating and maintaining effective working relationships with clients, colleagues and management
- Creating, implementing and maintaining any templates broadly used across the department
- Working with the IFAs to identify new business opportunities within the existing client bank, accountancy practice clients and beyond to help maximise the potential of the department
- Liaising with the advisors throughout the advice process
- Providing portfolio and fund analysis reports to advisors prior to client meetings
- Dealing with platforms and product providers to obtain information about existing and potential investments
- Researching investments, fund options, pension transfers, retirement options, mortgages, life assurance and income protection (due diligence & buy lists)
- Attending bimonthly departmental meetings and managing administration team meetings as required, minuting the meetings.
- Attending courses when required and maintaining an adequate level of CPD to ensure compliance with FCA and professional body requirements and develop personal skills.
- Representing and promoting the firm in formal and informal situations, attending seminars and networking events as a representative of the firm.
- Working knowledge of O&M profiler, Capita/Synaptics, Iress exchange, F E Analytics, Old Mutual Wealth platform, Standard Life Wrap and James Hay platform.
- Business planning, progress and development
- Recognised qualifications/proven IT skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements
- FCA compliance awareness
- Previous experience with a focus on customer service & compliance, within the Financial Services Industry
- A good understanding of the financial planning process, regulations and products, along with their practical application
- Previous managerial experience would be preferable
- Experience of Intelligent Office is desirable
Brewster Pratap Business & Office Support is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in administration, business support, HR, sales, marketing and purchasing jobs in in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of business and office support recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81435452