Fantastic new role in Birmingham City Centre, sole Credit Controller, £25-30k depending on experience.
Hays Credit Management is exclusively supporting a market leading media company here in Birmingham. With trendy offices based in the city centre, the finance team are looking to take on a Credit professional who can manage the sales ledger and install processes and policies. There will be travel down to London in the role a couple of times a month to work closely with the Sales team.
Your new role
The Finance team moved from London to Birmingham 2 years ago and are a team of 6, in your new role you will be accountable for the AR function reporting directly to the Finance Director. It is a fast paced working environment and this role is a split of 50% Credit Control and 50% Sales ledger. Your duties will include:
- Managing a ledger of 600+ live accounts, with differing and complex billing and payment terms.
- Opening and reviewing client accounts and setting Credit Limits.
- Proactively chasing clients for overdue payments.
- Resolving queries with the highest level of customer service.
- Working and training up the sales team on following correct invoicing and billing procedures.
- Raising invoices and credit notes.
- Allocating the cash and resolving any unallocated cash.
What you'll need to succeed
- A hard working mentality in a target driven business
- Ideally AAT or CICM qualified or studying towards completion.
- 2+ years credit experience in a fast paced environment.
- Strong excel skills (Pivot tables, Vlookups)
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary + Bonus
- 21 days annual leave + 8 national holidays
- CICM / AAT study support
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81425944