Classroom Assistant - part time
Location Surbiton, Surrey
Kisimul Group Limited
Due to our on-going success and our plans for continuous development, we are recruiting for a part time Classroom Assistant to join our Education Team on a Monday and Tuesday at Woodstock House in Surbiton, Surrey (KT6 5HN).
Woodstock House is a stunning property, set in 8 acres of tranquil grounds. Here, we provide exceptional care and education to children and young people with autism, learning disabilities and challenging behaviour.
About The Job:
Reporting to the Teacher the Classroom Assistant is to be a responsible member of the staff team for the direct educational day to day care of the pupils including other supportive tasks and duties.
• Support the Class Teacher.
• Assist in programmed objective work with the children.
• Assist in carrying out programmes devised by speech therapist, physiotherapist or the educational psychologist.
• Modify pupil’s behaviour in the appropriate manner maintaining boundaries set to improve behaviour in line with National Care Standards and BILD.
• Develop communication skills.
• Develop self-help skills including toileting.
• Take responsibility for keeping the classroom tidy and clean.
• Keep abreast of good practice in order to develop skills, knowledge and experience in accordance with personal development, participating in all training exercises whether in house or external.
• Complete hand over books at the end of the school day.
• Read all handover books, physical intervention books, policies and procedures and relevant files to ensure a constant knowledge and consistent sharing of information.
• Liaise regularly with the teacher on progress of pupils in relation to targets set.
• Contribute to the development of the pupils through the provision of a healthy lifestyle, a variety of appropriate stimulating activities and the example of consistent and caring adult model.
Experience Skills & Qualifications
• Experience of special needs
• Have knowledge of Individual Learning Plans
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to relate to wide range people
• Excellent communication skills across all levels
The successful applicant will be offered a remuneration package that will consist of a basic salary of £5927.00 as well as comprehensive training and other company benefits such as; Pension, Life Assurance, Child Care Voucher Scheme and not to forget our stunning Work Locations.
About Kisimul Group
Kisimul Group are a group of independent specialist schools and adult provisions providing exceptional residential care and award-winning education to children, young people and adults with a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder, severe and complex learning difficulties, global development delay and associated challenging behaviour.
Kisimul Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults, children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Kisimul Group is committed to valuing diversity and promoting equality for all.
All applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS Check. Kisimul Group is an equal opportunities employer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81453141