Teaching Assistant Key Stage 2 (Apprentice)
Are you interested in working with children in a Primary School setting?
Have you considered a Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship?
Can you get to Whitehaven each day by car or public transport?
System People Education are advertising on behalf of a large Primary School in Whitehaven who are looking for an Apprentice Teaching Apprentice to join them in September. Our Apprenticeships are 12 months in length and involve you studying for a Level 2 Supporting Teaching and Learning qualification.
To be considered for one of our exciting TA Apprenticeship placements you will be keen to begin an appropriate qualification this September to gain knowledge and understanding of the school aged child and what it takes to work in a Primary setting.
You will ideally hold a Level 2 or above in Maths and English (minimum grade C in both). If you do not hold a Level 2 in at least a grade C in these subjects then assistance can be provided via a Functional Skills Level 2 qualification alongside your childcare qualification. This will be discussed at interview stage.
Is this Apprenticeship right for me?
We are really looking for applicants to show enthusiasm for working with children, and for someone who has a friendly and kind personality. We require our apprentices to be courteous to colleagues and provide a welcoming environment to visitors as well as pupils in a school. It would be ideal if you had the following skills/attributes;
- A genuine love for children.
- Hardworking and punctual for work
- Dedicated to gaining a qualification in the field of Childcare
- A caring personality with a natural ability to look out for others
- A happy, smiley person who is comfortable around children
- A person who likes to see others learn, play and grow
- Someone who enjoys reading and singing with children
- Someone who is patient with young people
What is it like working as a TA Apprentice?
Your main responsibilities as a Teaching Assistant Apprentice will be to encourage and support pupils to become more independent learners by working with the class teacher to provide assistance with reading, writing and maths in addition to a range of other primary subjects. It would be advantageous if you held the following attributes/skills;
- Capacity to work under pressure and to meet deadlines and effectively organise priorities
- Driving licence and own transport would be advantageous but is not essential
- Flexible in terms of working patterns and evolution to the role
- Team-player, personable, approachable, emotionally intelligent with a sense of humour
Come and learn with System People Education...your journey starts today!
Once every 2 weeks you will attend lessons taught by a specialist tutor in one of our classrooms. This way you gain the theory which underpins the practice you will gain from working in a Nursery for the remainder of your working week. There are some fantastic benefits of training with us. Read just a handful below;
- Modern, inspiring, Carlisle city centre classroom where you will receive an interactive learning experience delivered by expert trainers once every other week. Easy access from the train station in Carlisle
- You will receive a warm welcome and enjoy free tea and coffee facilities in our chill out room where you can relax in between classes and socialize with other learners, listen to the radio and carry out group work
- Enjoy the opportunity to earn and win awards and prizes such as shopping vouchers throughout the year through our 'Learner Rewards Scheme'
- You will receive one of our FREE learner stationary packs on your first day to get you all set to go!
- Access to a number of other FREE training such as first aid, food hygiene and safeguarding to help boost your CV upon graduation
- Book a 1-2-1 with our Education Consultant for free CV advice and interview skills training
- Take the opportunity to join our TA and Nursery Nurse register for supply work upon qualifying - we have placed hundreds of teaching support staff in paid employment since 2013
The National Minimum Wage for an apprentice rises to £3.70 an hour from the 1st of April 2018. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds; £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25.
If you are interested in finding out more or wou
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81453706