Senior Configuration Engineer
Contract Senior Configuration Engineer - Aylesbury
We have a requirement for a Senior Configuration Engineer for an initial 12 month contract based near Aylesbury for a World Leading Engineering Services company working with an Aerospace company who design and are involved with the whole life-cycle of electrical power generation and distribution systems for the aerospace industry.
The Senior Configuration Engineer will be involved with:
- Configuration governance in accordance with product and site configuration management plans and processes.
- Coordinating with the Industrialisation team to ensure change impacts are ready to be reviewed in conjunction with engineering investigations.
- Maintenance and tracking of Development Problem Reports and Change Requests for products in development, manufacture and in-service.
- Maintenance of configuration toolset records, ensuring compliance with airworthiness standards.
- Support to external & internal Audits including configuration.
- Lead and manage Configuration Boards, including setting of agendas and distribution of minutes.
- Support to peer reviewing of design activities.
Your professional experience and qualifications:
- ICM CM2 certified or equivalent qualification or experience
- Experience in the use of engineering documentation (such as Product Definition Document / Product Drawings / Critical Part manufacturing control document)
- Understanding of Configuration and Aerospace standards
- Understanding of change management, processes and requests
- Effective communicator as well as a good team player
Ideally you will have:
- Experience in Aerospace manufacturing
- Experience using PLM toolsets such as Teamcenter, Windchill or similar
- Experience in a design office environment
- Negotiable dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip Delaloye at or call 01384446192.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81429203