Trainee/Junior Financial Adviser (Level 4 Qualified)
This is one of those exciting opportunities that doesn’t come along often but when it does, it’s too good to miss. We’re looking for someone with a passion for customer service and level 4 Diploma, who’s ready to take the next step towards becoming a fully-fledged financial adviser. We’ve got lots to offer including industry-leading coaching from people who really know their stuff, and the backing of a building society that’s been helping people with their money since 1853.Package description
In return for all your hard work and commitment, you will get the support and recognition you deserve. You can expect a structured training and development programme tailored to your needs. You will also be eligible for the following:
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Cover
- 25 days’ holiday, plus one day for each year you’re with us, up to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata when working on a reduced hours basis)
- SBS offer a range of preferential employee savings & insurance products
- Paid course fees to study for a professional qualification (where relevant to the role)
- Childcare vouchers
- Head Office onsite shop and internet cafe
- An opportunity to join Simply Health Cash Plan – offering twenty annual benefits including dental care, optical care and physiotherapy
- Option to donate to charity direct through Payroll Giving
- Online employee benefits scheme offering discounts with hundreds of high street and online retailers
- Eye Tests
- Car Allowance – if applicable to role
- More senior roles also offer access to group income protection and private medical care
Customers are at the heart of everything we do at Skipton and customer service is firmly at the heart of this role. You’ll be spending a lot of time with them in our branches and in their homes, digging deep into their financial circumstances, so you can create solid recommendations for their long-term financial plans. You’ll be advising on things like retirement, pensions and investments in a heavily regulated industry, so keeping up to date with changing industry trends will be a crucial part of the role.
We’ll show you how to balance the commercial needs of the business with the best outcomes for our customers and support you on the regulatory side of things, too. Plus, you’ll have a network of financial advisers and colleagues to tap into for support.Ideal candidate
Every time you interact with our customers you’ll be representing the Skipton brand, so a genuine respect for people and a knack for building rapport will be essential. You’ll be a great talker, an even better listener and know all the right questions to ask to get to the heart of your customers’ needs.
A background in financial services is essential (you might have been a mortgage adviser or paraplanner in a previous role), along with your level 4 diploma and a mindset that’s driven to succeed. Although you’ll be supported throughout your career, you’ll also to be prepared to take ownership of your own development and squeeze the last drop out of this brilliant opportunity.About the company
At Skipton Building Society we are not just another Financial Services Institution we are a mutual organisation, which means we are owned by our members and believe in placing them at the heart of everything we do.
The same goes for our people. We can only be successful as a business if we have great people and we believe in treating people as individuals. Our values are Trust, Ownership and One Team which reflect the attitudes and way of working everyone here displays on a daily basis, and which are key to the delivery of the outstanding level of personal service we offer our customers.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81428376