Information Support Officer
To provide high quality support to the CCC Information Co-ordinator, in provision of information and quality assurance across all CCC services.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual Season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
- Maintaining and managing the CCC information database as a core organisational resource and ensuring that appropriate development of its function and use is reviewed.
- Research, collate and write updates, Q&As, copy for publications and information packs; updating them at regular intervals, liaising with Creative Services, Clinical Advisors and Brand Marketing teams.
- Assist in cataloguing and maintaining documents in the Diabetes UK knowledge management system.
- Review relevant internet sites, , press releases/coverage on a regular basis and update CCC staff on any relevant news or new developments.
- Act as a resource for the CCC teams in accessing appropriate information in response to specific enquiries.
- Assist CCC Information Co-ordinator in liaising with Campaigns, Policy and press teams, informing them about particular issues raised by enquirers and looking at ways to best provide information to meet these needs.
- Regularly update own knowledge of diabetes by reading relevant articles, attending seminars and professional conferences.
- Undertake and contribute to other project work, when appropriate, related to the development of services delivered by the CCC teams to achieve the overall objectives of the team and organisation.
- To run regular reports of CCC activity and performance to support coordinator with larger statistical reports.
- To deputise in absence of Information Coordinator.
The best person for this job will be able to:
- Communicate clearly and effectively complex health information both orally and in writing to a wide range of people
- Document clear processes and procedures that lead to effective working
- Effectively interpret clinical and health related information
- Prioritise workload within a tight schedule
- Demonstrate understanding of data protection and confidentiality.
The best person for this job will have experience in:
- Providing health related information and support to members of the public.
- Maintaining a central resource or information database
- Working to key deliverables and SLAs
- Using a CRM system and an understanding of data management principles
- Working with Microsoft packages including SharePoint
The best person for this job will be:
- Educated to A level or equivalent
- Knowledgeable in Diabetes and the various ways in which it can impact those living with or effected by the condition.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81429154