Technology Business Analyst
Role: Technical Business Analyst
Travel: Up to 100% (Variable)
Salary: £35,000 - £45,250 + (Depending on experience)
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture Technology powers our clients to achieve high performance. We combine business and industry insights with innovative technology to drive growth for your business. We extend our technology and business capabilities through a powerful alliance ecosystem of market leaders and innovators to provide our clients the best specialized skills and tailored solutions.
We are focused on aligning IT with business priorities, enabling a digital Accenture and driving down the cost of IT, while working to provide more than 373,000 employees with the capabilities to run a high-performing business!
Key features of the role:
Working in Business Integration within our Advanced Technology and Architecture group, you will help define scope and requirements for complex business problems, writing use cases or user stories, and creating functional designs.
You will be part of an Accenture or a client team, working closely with the Business and IT stakeholders from our clients or third party team(s) to understand and define their business requirements and develop/evolve the functional design.
What we're looking for:
Technical Business Analysts should have previous experience working in Technology Delivery within roles such as Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Junior Functional Architect or Product Owner, and ideally have experience in creation of technical designs and/or test models. It is expected you would have strong technology experience in one or more of the following:·Cloud (preferably Google Cloud Platform)·API (Application Programming Interface) design·Data (modelling or design to support requirements)·Data analytics
You will apply both functional knowledge and technical expertise during Requirements Analysis to deliver innovative solutions for our clients.
You will be working from client site hence flexibility to travel is mandatory for this role.
What responsibilities will you have?
• Eliciting, analysing and documenting business/technical requirements using a variety of requirements elicitation techniques and providing both functional and technical expertise
• Creating functional and high-level technical designs working with Accenture and client teams, including ability to design conceptual data models or APIs.
• Establishing and maintaining a requirement traceability matrix to verify requirements coverage and completeness
• Working with client stakeholders to ensure that captured requirements are measurable, testable and have an associated business benefit
• Working with data and can manage large volumes of data while being able to extract business value from it
• Excellent client stakeholder engagement and management skills
• Facilitating requirements gathering workshops and managing follow-up activities
• Work with Project Managers to deliver quality, effective software in line with their existing development process
• Assisting in identifying, analysing and mitigating any project and operational risks
• Utilising efficient and effective processes and standards to continuously improve quality.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
• Hands-on experience of the SDLC approach in a variety of roles over and above the business analyst role
• Experience of capturing and documenting requirements using a range of requirement elicitation techniques
• Experience of functional design and system integration/user acceptance testing either within development or testing phases
• Experience in business process modelling, UML modelling, storyboards and requirements management/traceability.
• Understanding of API design methodologies and frameworks such as REST APIs and API first development
• Excellent communication skills with client stakeholders of all levels
• Experience in working with cloud, SAAS, Agile, cloud first design approach, mobile first design approach and DevOps will be highly desirable
Professional skills:·Ability to contribute to a high-performing, motivated workgroup by applying interpersonal and collaboration skills to achieve project goals and realise value·Ability to contribute to the creation of an environment that motivates individuals to work collaboratively as a team·Desire to work in an information systems environment·Excellent oral and written communication skills·Excellent time management and organisation skills.
What academic qualifications do you need?
• Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent)
• BCS or IIBA certifications in business analysis - Certification is preferred but not mandatory
What’s in it for you?
All of our Technology professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2018
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81429081